Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ramza wrote: »
    I still haven't decided on a team everyone is too fun. Maybe some of the better players in the scene at Mahvel could gimme some pointers, right now I got Iron Man/Dante/???, Aint decided on a third
    Wesker seems to be a safe bet. Virtually every team I've played online has him.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

I still haven't decided on a team everyone is too fun. Maybe some of the better players in the scene at Mahvel could gimme some pointers, right now I got Iron Man/Dante/???, Aint decided on a third

Wekser, Tron, Doctor doom (hidden missile's are god like), taskmaster has a good assit, the dog, Domm (the dude who has a fire skull for his head) good assits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sairus wrote: »
    Wesker seems to be a safe bet. Virtually every team I've played online has him.

That's because he is absolutely godlike even if you barely know how to play him.

If I didn't know better I'd swear his normals had invincible frames. :pac:

If I didn't know better I'd swear his normals had invincible frames. :pac:
    That god damn sweep! GRAAAARG! It's so damn fast and long reaching!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Akuma would fit that team really well. His tatsu assist can cover Iron Man + Dante's approach really well, all 3 characters DHC into each other easily and Akuma is an excellent anchor on top of all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Wesker is rudeness personified! Anyone whose played me in SF knows I have horrible input issues but with wesker on point its too easy to do 600-850k on any combo. I've kinda fallen off the beat em up bandwagon since pokemon white came out but when I do play I use wesker/taskmaster/dorammu. followed by haggar/spencer/thor. Start off with the former 3 and anytime I get annoyed, I swap one of the former's out with the latter 3. Have an awful time finding synergy. Spencer and taskmaster tend to get along with everyone but I always find the it hard to settle on a set 3 because I'll find a cool trick with some group and want to explore its possibilities. Its the best kind of problem to have i suppose. Only game where I willingly spend hours in training.

I willingly spend hours in training.
    I'm also in this boat. I imagine I'm driving my housemates mental with the constant "Le-Le-Le-Maximum!" belting out of the TV.
    On the other hand even the most fighting game illiterate housemates have a great working knowledge of the game now thanks to them sitting there watching all the time. I'll convert them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭AllYourBass

Sairus wrote: »
    I'm also in this boat. I imagine I'm driving my housemates mental with the constant "Le-Le-Le-Maximum!" belting out of the TV.

I prefer their earlier hit,"Le Freak",myself.

God I lve this show. This episode is particularly funny. The end of the second game is priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

this game can be really soul crushing:(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Spencer seems to be pretty ok, but don't know how to grapple in mid air and swing across the screen. Anybody wanna help?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Grapple QCF + A

Each of the different strenghts performs a different angle of grapple.

Zip is S + A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dundle

fffff don't be telling more people to play Wesker, there is more than enough Wesker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

+8.

On block.

Dive kick, why you so badass.

Another patch was released for this today. It clocks in at 2MB.
    Official notes about the update:

Fixed bug where a cross counter and X-factor activation would cause Ryu to float if using the B or Y assists.

• Fixed bug involving snapping out Zero during the activation of his Shadow Clone, which was disabling control.

• Fixed bug involving the hit time for Captain America's Shield Slash against Ryu, Amaterasu, and Hulk, which was allowing an unintended combo.

• Fixed bug for displaying more than 128 victories in a game lobby.

• Fixed bug involving Haggar blocking an attack in the air, immediately after using the Hoodlum Launcher.

• Fixed bug for displaying consecutive victories over 99 in Player Match.

• Fixed bug that allowed an infinite combo by Amaterasu against Taskmaster (Standing), Amaterasu (Standing or Ducking), Zero (Standing), and Shuma-Gorath (Ducking). Bug fix involved Amaterasu's Solar Flare attack (x5) and Power Slash combo.

• Fixed bug where Spencer's Bionic Maneuvers would cause Viewtiful Joe and Arthur to be stuck in the ground, when used as part of a combo with Haggar's Rapid Fire Fist.

• Fixed bug where Spencer's Bionic Maneuvers would cause the damage to display incorrectly, when used in a combo with Haggar's Steel Pipe and Rapid Fire Fist.

Also discovered was Zero's CC Hyper glitch (the one where if the shadow clone performs a snap back another team member is not tagged in) has been removed.

I wish Capcom would stop pretending they knew about the glitches and infinites and whatnot. I doubt they knew a single thing the community figured out or they'd have been patched faster or taken out before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭erinsoup

Dundle wrote: »
    I wish Capcom would stop pretending they knew about the glitches and infinites and whatnot. I doubt they knew a single thing the community figured out or they'd have been patched faster or taken out before.

It's a sad day when people have nothing but complaints towards a few bug fixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Dundle wrote: »
    Eh....they don't pretend they know about all of them. Smaller glitches could be discovered by players even after months of testing, and when those players inform Capcom through community sites, they get fixed and everyone is better for it.

erinsoup wrote: »
    It's a sad day when people have nothing but complaints towards a few bug fixes.

Yeah, I have nothing but loathing for the game, that's why I play it so much. I don't even care about the changes, it's just lame to see it.

Eh....they don't pretend they know about all of them. Smaller glitches could be discovered by players even after months of testing, and when those players inform Capcom through community sites, they get fixed and everyone is better for it.

Well according to eventhubs Capcom knew about all of the glitches Desk found, but didn't patch them until well after they were posted all over youtube...

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

@ 4.52 i was like:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

I am finding this a frustrating game so far. I never really played MvC before. feels more like rock paper scissors meets a fireworks display then a fighting game to me. Online is head wrecking. Simple mode is a stupid idea in my book. It just encourages cheap moves and mashing.

I am only really starting to get a feel for SSF4 and I much prefer that. The training and tutorials are very basic in the game. Anyone got any good links for tutorials. Also when playing online is it possible to filter people who are playing simple mode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

eco2live wrote: »
    Also when playing online is it possible to filter people who are playing simple mode?

You cant be a threat with simple mode, dont worry about it. Your too limited using it.

bush wrote: »
    You cant be a threat with simple mode, dont worry about it. Your too limited using it.

Fair enough. I prob just need to learn to punish them more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

I picked marvel up today I was wondering if there were any definite strong team builds for beginners im playing dante ryu and sent at the moment.
    cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

I picked marvel up today I was wondering if there were any definite strong team builds for beginners im playing dante ryu and sent at the moment.
    cheerssmile.gif

Your teams fine the way it is, but you might want to swap Ryu for Akuma. The only major advantage Ryu has over Akuma is 20% more health, but in a game were you can die in 1 combo thats not a huge issue, other then the health Akuma can do everything Ryu can and more. Id recommend using the following assists

Dante = Jam Session
    Ryu/Akuma = Tatsu
    Sent = Drones (charge)

Dante's a bit advanced for beginners but I was determined to use him since day 1, so be prepared to practice. Im guessing you mainly use Sent for the assist ?, nothing wrong with that, just make sure you know how to be decent with him in general in case you need to bring him in.

Try not to use X-Factor until after your opponent has used his or unless its to extend a combo to kill an integral member(s) of your opponents team (e.g. if they call out an assist and you hit them and their point character at the same time with Dante's Million Dollars hyper, and you don't have another character to DHC into to finish the combo, by all means X-Factor cancel into another Million Dollars). Be aware of how long X-Factor lasts, on the game clock level 1 = 6 seconds, Level 2 = 9 and Level 3 = 12 so if theres only 12 seconds left and you still have X-Factor but down to your last character ... might as well use it.

Are you on X-Box live or PSN ?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Thanks for all the tips really appreciated. Yeah i just use sent for the assist and have been using my team exaclty the way you have described below already. ill put akuma in then instead :D and im psn TVSADAMWEST67

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

The new DHC glitch with trish assist is crazy.

One hit from a projectile and the trap into a dhc glitch pickup works apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Thanks for all the tips really appreciated. Yeah i just use sent for the assist and have been using my team exaclty the way you have described below already. ill put akuma in then instead :Dand im psn on TVSADAMWEST67

Oh no you're not! :D

Advertisement