Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Xinkai wrote: »
    Oh no you're not! :D
    Epic fail Xinkai dont give up your day job:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I'm in the lab, doing lab stuff.

What's non-Dark Pheonix's BnB? And what's it damage? I'm only getting like 350k, and I know it should be more than that.

Also, is Tron's Drill loop her best non-assit BnB, or has she better ones?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Voa wrote: »
    Also, is Tron's Drill loop her best non-assit BnB, or has she better ones?

What I use for her best non-assist, non-super BnB is basically magic series up, magic series down, dash up 2C 6C I think. If not, it's
    A, B, C, C.drill, B, 6B, jc.B, j.C, j.D, C, D, s.jcB, j.B, j.C, j.D, land (dash if not in the corner), 2C, 6C

Lot more meter in that one too. I haven't tried it yet, but I think after you do the jc.B, j.C j.D and you get the ground bounce you can do a light grabber thing and do j.C really close to the ground, C, D, continue combo above.

Hope that makes sense. If you have meter: do above combo til jc.B, j.C, j.D then do C into --> lunchtime rush out of the corner, or servebot surprise, C, Lunchtime rush in the corner.

Okay, cool. I was practicing some of the variants of drill loops (with like 2-3 B, C drill, end with D, air magic, 2c 6c), but the damage always dropped like a boulder. Then I started mucking about with using my assits and her junk, and it did a lot more damage...
    One of my new teams is shaping up interesting...I hope it goes places :p

Yeah, drill to b repeat is fun and all, but it does crap damage. Make sure you practice her instant air dash to C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Dante's ridiculous new infinite. This'll probably be patched like Akuma's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Can't believe that hadn't been found already.

At first I though the grapple in the corner put them at just the right height or something, then then naw you can just do it whenever. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Looks like im going to win every tourney ever.
    Lol nope i kid. besides. throw phoenix in your team and that dante inf builds the 5 meters for you

Thank Dormammu that this game is patchable, or who knows how many infinites would get spammed endlessly in tournaments.

Also, until this gets patched, I swear to God, I'll slap anyone who does it to me in casuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I've been trying it and I couldn't land it without turbo. Even still it doesn't work sometimes(more likely down to the turbo on the stick).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

If i created that video i would have held onto it till after evo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

There are far easier ways to kill a character in MVC3 than by trying to do that infinite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

But there aren't many as annoying.

Dark phoenix aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Well if you want to try and win evo by being annoying more power to you. :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Well if you want to try and win evo by being annoying more power to you. :pac:

There are worse tactics than frustrating your opponent into playing stupid... Not that I'd ever be so underhand :PAC:

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Well if you want to try and win evo by being annoying more power to you. pacman.gif
    There are worse tactics than frustrating your opponent into playing stupid... Not that I'd ever be so underhand :PAC:

Doom not using that obvious platform to mention his top 8 in Europe status? Something is wrong here.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭goodjay

a question. is the dlc somehow locked to the disc you have in the machine when you purchase them?at newport today both suma and jill were unavailable.it was my machine and hard-drive witch i originally downloaded them on 2.just not my copy of the game.got home,plugged in,used my own copy of game, and they magically reappeared.anyone any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Might have been the wrong profile chosen maybe. usually works no matter what disc. although it has to be the same xbox with the same hardrive and the same profile that bought it.

In other has anyone got a good BnB for dante that involves bold cancel? so far all i know is
    BC = Bold cancel
    L M H 6H BC 623M J.H j.236M j.H Land S J.M J.M J.H J.236A Land 623M623M Million Dollars hyper
    im learning to 3H->6H BC in the corner but its so hard because i auto input 623M due to muscle memory instead of stuff like 236m236m
    Also the corner 623H x-factor infinite is LULZ

need to get better with dante. my wesker is good and knows alot and sentinel is just....lol sentinel...well i improved him to the point where i can taunt during a combo

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

For anyone else that happens to be awake at this hour, MvC3 character auction tournament is getting ready to start shortly on UFGT stream. If the SSF4 one was anything to go by, it should be a laugh.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/may/27/day-1-live-stream-ufgt-resurrection-level/

goodjay wrote: »
    a question. is the dlc somehow locked to the disc you have in the machine when you purchase them?at newport today both suma and jill were unavailable.it was my machine and hard-drive witch i originally downloaded them on 2.just not my copy of the game.got home,plugged in,used my own copy of game, and they magically reappeared.anyone any ideas?

Try playing MvC3 on your console at home, but unplug your internet cable before you turn on the console. See if they still show up then.

• Advertisement

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    Might have been the wrong profile chosen maybe. usually works no matter what disc. although it has to be the same xbox with the same hardrive and the same profile that bought it.

Right profile ,as had the wrong profile chosen at first and noticed akuma,sentinel,Hsien-Ko were mising.chose the right profile then and they appeared, just no dlc characters.

Sairus wrote: »
    Try playing MvC3 on your console at home, but unplug your internet cable before you turn on the console. See if they still show up then.

Ant got net at my place.i get laptop and net stick from mate to purchase any dlc stuff.

goodjay wrote: »
    Ant got net at my place.i get laptop and net stick from mate to purchase any dlc stuff.

That really is unusual then :/ I'll bring along my copy of MvC3 to whenever we play again and we can test out yours versus mine.

If it is tied to the actual copy of the disk that's a bit mental :/

That really is unusual then :/ I'll bring along my copy of MvC3 to whenever we play again and we can test out yours versus mine.

If it is tied to the actual copy of the disk that's a bit mental :/

I'm thinking maybe hard drive issue.Was just checking my memory this morning and noticed some weird error symbols on some of my other dlc.blazblue especially had it on the latest update,but haven't had any problems with that.But ya, bring it along tuesday 2 my place if u can make it.ill put up proper post in few minutes.

joystic also reckn my head,opend it like you said ,pushed and pulled at wires,didn't make a dif.was examining the cable and noticed it looks a bit wacked in places,so maby cable strain?:mad:.gave it a few tuges and streched it slightly,seemd to have done the tric. be good to know for certin dou.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Commercially released DVDs (game/movie or whatever) aren't writable.

I don't think it's possible your problem is caused by or will be solved by switching discs.

Commercially released DVDs (game/movie or whatever) aren't writable.
    Ar, but it could be doing something mental like checking an ID that's attached to each copy of the game when it's printed and binding that ID to the DLC you downloaded.
    Not hugely likely as that would kind of mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Ar, but it could be doing something mental like checking an ID that's attached to each copy of the game when it's printed and binding that ID to the DLC you downloaded.
    Not hugely likely as that would kind of mental.

I don't think this is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Apparently there is a new she hulk and tron setup that creates an untechable reset for she hulk.

I can't find the video of it. Anyone seen it?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Speed Boat wrote: »
    Apparently there is a new she hulk and tron setup that creates an untechable reset for she hulk.

I can't find the video of it. Anyone seen it?
    Nerd Josh did it yesterday if you check out the offcast stream on justin.tv it should be there.

• Advertisement

Think I found it. Maybe!

http://www.justin.tv/offcast/b/289162744

18.04. You jump up to airthrow as She-Hulk while calling in Tron assist. If you get the throw, you get a combo. If your opponent techs, they tech backwards into tron flame and you get a free she-hulk combo.

I assume that's the one, it's new to me anyway. It's also genius!

Advertisement