Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Nah it's not that one. That's like a week one J-wong tech!

This new one is land a she hulk command grab then raw tag tron. They are still dizzy, do whatever combo it is to get the air servebot grab with tron then raw tag she hulk and do air command throw. Wash rinse repeat.

Nerd josh said it's inescapable. I thought my she hulk/spiderman one was too but you can just mash light. Not sure about this new one.

Someone check!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

It was actually on the level up stream Before they switched to AE not the offcast one I'll try and find it in a second

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Speed Boat wrote: »
    Nah it's not that one. That's like a week one J-wong tech!

This new one is land a she hulk command grab then raw tag tron. They are still dizzy, do whatever combo it is to get the air servebot grab with tron then raw tag she hulk and do air command throw. Wash rinse repeat.

Nerd josh said it's inescapable. I thought my she hulk/spiderman one was too but you can just mash light. Not sure about this new one.

Someone check!

Oh wow, that sounds like something very easy to abuse. Basically it'll go

She-Hulk: Command grab > walk back and switch to Tron (so it doesn't hit on the way in)
    Tron: st.H xx H.Drill, st.M, j.M, j.H, j.S (ground bounce), L.Servebot grab, switch to She-Hulk repeat.

Soooo, to remove this, they'll probably seriously reduce the time spent dizzy after She-Hulk command grab so that you can't tag anyone in. Make it 1.5/2 seconds long and it's gone. Imma go test this.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Took me 10 minutes to work out, pretty sure this is legit. This look right speedboat?

• Advertisement

That's the one. I think if mashing L doesn't work then the only way out would be to try dhc out whilst in the air!

It's so easy to do once you get used to the tagging around the place. AND that one (which I worked out in like 10 minutes max) works outside the corner. You can carry them all the way across the screen. It's bloody mad.

They'll have to remove that surely. It's just too much, I land command grabs all the time. Now I get to kill your character for 0 meter if I do? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Man, that combo is stupid. XD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Reversal invincible super works surely?

The marvel forum over on srk is going mental with rumours about super mvc.

So far lupinko has hinted at 12 new characters joining the roster and been giving cryptic hints via twitter.

I guess we'll see at comic con. I really think a new version has to be in the pipeline though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

If it has Phoenix Wright in it I'm buying it no matter what.

Speed Boat wrote: »
    The marvel forum over on srk is going mental with rumours about super mvc.

So far lupinko has hinted at 12 new characters joining the roster and been giving cryptic hints via twitter.

I guess we'll see at comic con. I really think a new version has to be in the pipeline though.

It seems so early for it to be coming out. Maybe that's just me. I don't think the game has fully "ripened" yet, if you know what I mean. It'll be interesting to see though. Tron will almost certainly get nerfed as an assist :/

And will we see the removal of things like the DHC glitch? Will they change Dark Phoenix?

I doubt we'll get it soon. There was 14 months between vanilla and super(on consoles) as far as I can recall. With the announcement being 5 or 6 months after vanillas console release.

But I think it makes a lot of sense. The game needs a lot of patches for both glitches and balance reasons. Even the patches it's got already aren't the best fixes. The online is terrible too.

More characters would be nice if they come up with some good move sets.

Who would you want to see character wise?

I think Oni would be really cool. I liked Gambit a lot in MvC2 (what little I played). Just as long as we don't see Sim or bloody Ken!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The elephant in the room is Cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Cyclops.
    Strider Hiryu.
    SonSon.

kthnx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

For those interested in what the rumor mill is churning out there's a summary over here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29163086&postcount=1812

Just gimmy Tiffany from Rival Schools and it'll all be cool.

EDIT:
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    SonSon.

fu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Just as long as we don't see Sim or bloody Ken!

Sim was actually quite cool in MvC2. They can do some interesting things with him in the versus games.

As I said in the build up to three. The only character(s) I really want to see are from Onimusha. Other than that, I'm easy.

Sairus wrote:
    fu
    ec456b74ae5419471d24e91b6c31efb1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Who would you want to see character wise?

I think Oni would be really cool. I liked Gambit a lot in MvC2 (what little I played). Just as long as we don't see Sim or bloody Ken!

As Orim already touched on, Sim is one of the best and most fun SF characters in previous VS games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

And will we see the removal of things like the DHC glitch? Will they change Dark Phoenix?

If they dont remove, or nerf, X-Factor, DHC glitch should stay, it creates a variety in X-Factor usage.

Dark Phoenix should be removed. But I doubt they will

I don't think dark phoenix should be removed just change how x factor affects her or nerf her in some way.

I think the dynamic of a character like her is fun, right now she is over powered, despite the fact that one magic series kills her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

The fact that if she's xfactored and you're not she can kill your entire team off one hit that really gets me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

They should make all x-factors last as long as level 1. It's the length of time you have level 3 for that's bull****. Characters I'd like would be Nova, Dr Strange, Sandman, Norman Osborn and Adam Warlock on the Marvel side.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Carnage and Hunk plz.

The roster may be leaked today according to all the crazy people on the srk super mvc3 thread.

But that thread is nuts now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That Miles/ Online warrior due has an interesting theory on why this announcement's out now.

There was only one set of costumes and one dlc character patch. He was wondering if they've gone straight to a new release due to poor sales. It IS weird how they didn't release new costumes for all chars, and shuma and non-stars Jill are hardly setting the world alight in terms of usage. I bought them for the evo tournament and don't think a single person used them.

You mean...
    the player base voted with their wallets that they hate DLC crap, and Capcom are LISTENING?
    :eek:
    Joy of Joys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I bought the dlc like an idiot and sold the game a few days later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Interesting theory, but I don't buy it.

DLC schedules and budgets are generally decided quite far in advance, and MVC3 has actually had quite a lot of event mode and shadow packs released (has anyone here bought even one shadow pack?).

They wouldn't decide to hold this stuff to package it with a new disc release because they could potentially make money from it twice if they released it as DLC anyway now.

Also it's not consistent with Capcom's DLC habits to give away costumes later for free on a new disc that were separate and cost money at present.

Advertisement