Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Interesting theory, but I don't buy it.

DLC schedules and budgets are generally decided quite far in advance, and MVC3 has actually had quite a lot of event mode and shadow packs released (has anyone here bought even one shadow pack?).

They wouldn't decide to hold this stuff to package it with a new disc release because they could potentially make money from it twice if they released it as DLC anyway now.

Also it's not consistent with Capcom's DLC habits to give away costumes later for free on a new disc that were separate and cost money at present.

They might be decided in advance but if they just weren't selling they could well scrap the development for another financial year. It would be incurring cost without sales to reflect. They pushed Super back to another financial year just to give it a boost, AFAIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The lack of costume updates shocked me. Given how the SF4 costumes were welcomed by some, I assumed there would be more for MVC3.

They must be holding off for a further release due to poor sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

They pushed Super back to another financial year just to give it a boost, AFAIR.

Delaying something by a year because you've already hit your current year's financial targets is something I would absolutely believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

I can see two possible scenarios going on here.

First, Capcom could be putting MVC3 on the back burner because they can. People played MVC2 for a decade and many were quite sad to see it finally retired so waiting 6 months without any major announcement is really nothing for the company. This could be because they're focusing on 3SOE/AE or just because sales didn't warrant such continued support.

Or, announcements have been sparse because they choose to devote all their MVC3 resources to better balancing the game for a big new release rather than tying up resources on new costumes/dlc characters, etc. After all, something tells me the developers didn't really intend to see 20 second professional matches where Wolverine pops x-factor in the first combo and then destroys the entire team on incoming mix-ups or level 3 d phoenix play.

Then again, I'm not a developer so hopefully they'll explain why there has been such a wait with no real information. Either way, I'll be eagerly awaiting any announcement, be it about new characters, costumes or a whole new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

http://www.shadowloo.com/featured/ultimate-mahvel-baby
    Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, and Marvel Entertainment today announced that Ultimate Marvel® vs. Capcom® 3 is in development for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®.
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will take the epic battle to all new heights with new iconic characters from the Marvel and Capcom universes, a refined fighting system, eight new stages and new modes when it releases this November for the low MSRP of
    The highly acclaimed fighting game adds 12 new legends to the robust Marvel vs. Capcom 3 roster, bringing the total overall roster of characters up to 50. The first new characters revealed for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 include much-requested Capcom character Strider who slashes his way into the fray along with Ghost ‘n Goblins™ villain Firebrand. On the Marvel side, Ghost Rider will finally exercise his vengeance and Hawkeye will pick apart foes. More characters will be revealed in the coming months.
    In addition to characters, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 features a host of enhancements and new features to improve the game’s balance and online functionality. One of the biggest additions to Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is the fan-requested Spectator Mode, which allows fighters to watch live online matches together. With multiple improvements and 12 new characters, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 brings home the ultimate fighting experience for newcomers and pros alike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

So there we go!

Very interesting indeed. I'm actually surprised at ghost rider and firebrand.

Yeah, I'm not sure about Hawkeye because he's always been like a third tier superhero IMO but I'm pretty hype about the balance changes, spectator mode and (seriously) new stages.
    Here's another link from capcom directly:
    http://www.capcom-europe.com/blog/2011/07/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

DlCiT.png

I had thought hawkeye would get in ahead of his appearance in the avengers movie.

I'm not gone on the new hud but i'm sure it won't make much difference once you're playing, and they may not stay. Some new moves were shown there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Firebrand is a cool choice.

I'm very conflicted because I know I probably won't play it, but I still want to buy it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Looks like I'm going to have to give it another try.

edit: Plus, I like how when MvC3 came out and people complained about no spectator mode, it was because it wasn't possible. Interesting that it's now possible.

I think I like the new HUD though. It appears as if the life bars get larger with fewer characters left which is neat and it's also super easy to see who still has x-factor. I kind of hated how I'd have to almost squint to see if my opponent's life bars had little lights next to them or broken glass so a more easily viewable display is great for old men such as myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Oh man im looking forward to the balance chang-
    *YOU CAN POP X-FACTOR IN THE AIR*

Also looks like everyone has a new move

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    Oh man im looking forward to the balance chang-
    *YOU CAN POP X-FACTOR IN THE AIR*
    NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE

Also looks like everyone has a new move

But at the same time, that prevents people from chipping you out when a new character is coming in. Goodbye Dormamu's 'run' -> x-factor -> 'run' on entry. :D

wtfbenson wrote: »
    But at the same time, that prevents people from chipping you out when a new character is coming in. Goodbye Dormamu's 'run' -> x-factor -> 'run' on entry. :D
    But at the same time allows almost everyone to pull some insane combo that will end up killing you.

Fair enough. I suppose that is somewhat feasible now since you can x-factor most any OTG into a one-touch kill combo but yeah, it will probably make things a bit more crazy. I suppose I am a fan of the insanity and ridiculousness of the game now though so aerial x-factor just seems like it would make it more fun. Does that make me a masochist? :p

wtfbenson wrote: »
    Fair enough. I suppose that is somewhat feasible now since you can x-factor most any OTG into a one-touch kill combo but yeah, it will probably make things a bit more crazy. I suppose I am a fan of the insanity and ridiculousness of the game now though so aerial x-factor just seems like it would make it more fun. Does that make me a masochist? :p
    i suppose it just upgrades the chances of death from "likely" to "very likely". Then again we've yet to see the balance chances and if they touched on x-factor with the amount of damage it gives at various levels

Hawkeye shoots Hank Pym.

Hawkeye.

Shoots ant man.

HAWKEYE!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Personally, I'm fine with it as long as they significantly reduce (or, preferably, eliminate altogether) its potency as a comeback mechanic.

At least it looks like we're going to get some decent boxart this time:

wIuL8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Strider looks strong.

XFC in air looks weird.. could be for the best.

Hawkeye looks like the most powerful avenger. Im so hyped.

• Advertisement

Noticed some changes in the trailer
    http://youtu.be/BifHGs9qOLo
    Ryus Hadoken Hyper is a slightly smaller beam. but it reflects off the walls depending on where you aim it
    Magneto has a move that pulls the opponent in even if they're in the air.
    Viewtiful Joe looked to have something that gives him invincibilty frames on the spot.
    Spencers been given an overhead down charge thing. startup looks big but the hitbox looks big too can be OTG'd after. Prehaps a new answer to in corner combos instead of the grapple?
    Storm like magneto has been given a move that pulls in opponents also
    Taskmaster looks to have been given a move that makes him stab his opponent with the sword into a small animation.

seems they've got things in mind for everyone

Ryu does a shinku tatsu hadoken hyper thing at the end of the video..

Perhaps 2 meters?

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Ryu does a shinku tatsu hadoken hyper thing at the end of the video..

Perhaps 2 meters?
    I dont even know what the tornado of blue and lightning is. looks like something e.ryu(mugen) had.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

at 0.34...

Bye bye Tron assist :(

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    at 0.34...

Bye bye Tron assist :(

It's ok, you can pick Hawkeye now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

The new HUD looks terrible, Huge amount of real estate on-screen and makes it more difficult to see the heath of you opponents assists. Just bad.

New X-factor effect is strange, characters lose a lot of definition if you know what I mean.

What I'm interested in is the modes. have they really improved online?
    The state of the online killed this game for me first time round..

Is... is Modok's new look a reference to Elvis, Megas, and Bruce Campbell all rolled into one?

Awesome.

Also why does Morrigan look like that creep who stole my sweet moves?

Remaining 8 characters leaked.. I found this on Marns twitter.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/goldenpp72/NOMEGAMANWHYY.jpg

Frank West, Phoenix Wright, Dr. Strange, Iron Fist, Nova, Nemesis, Vergil, Rocket Raccoon

• Advertisement

Rocket Racoon.

ok....

Advertisement