Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Phoenix Wright, I am now hype as hell
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    at 0.34...

Bye bye Tron assist :(

That's not Gustaff Fire, Tron does an Alpha Counter later in the video and its the Boulder assist.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That's not Rocket Raccoon there, right?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Remaining 8 characters leaked.. I found this on Marns twitter.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/goldenpp72/NOMEGAMANWHYY.jpg

Frank West, Phoenix Wright, Dr. Strange, Iron Fist, Nova, Nemesis, Vergil, Rocket Raccoon

I'd be pretty shocked if they didn't include another character from the Street fighter series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ar, I personally hate the new menus. They look terribly tacked on, especially the super bars. The health bars don't look as bad, but they're still a massive step back in practicallity from Vanilla MvC. As mentioned above, they're much harder to actually read.

I'll definitely pick it up. Despite not really playing it seriously I still love the occasional cluster **** session.

EDIT: Rocket Raccoon?! I have a fairly extensive knowledge of all things Marvel and I had no idea who he was :/ Also, no new female characters? Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

2 things, Am I the only seeing that x factor seems to be only 2 levels/linked to time???

In many of the new videos the x-factor symbol does not change when some characters die but then jumps at certain time lapses instead. But always seems to jump up for last character.

Also didn't S.Killian say they wanted Nemesis before but if they put him in the game would be rated 15+ or something???

• Advertisement

They also said Ghost Riders bike caused trouble and Strider couldn't be included due to licensing issues

I.E, they lied so they could include them later.

They also said Ghost Riders bike caused trouble and Strider couldn't be included due to licensing issues

I.E, they lied so they could include them later.

Those bastards. They will never get my money. . . . . . . Wait why do I have a preorder ticket already. . . . . . DAM IT CAVED AGAIN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Also why does Morrigan look like that creep who stole my sweet moves?
    I think its one of the costumes morrigan changes into on victory in darkstalkers or one of the costumes she wears in an ending.

Ok these characters have hyped me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I kept waiting to buy MVC3 til it dropped in price.

Then they announce this :) Result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Would have handed over full-price just for Gene from Godhand tbh. It'll never happen. :(

Am I still the only one who does not see how Pheonix Wright will work. Sure the games where enjoyable but in a fighting game. . . . . . . . .

I figured the guy from Asura's Wrath would be one of the new guys. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in a lot of their choices.

Rocket Raccoon isn't a funny character, he's just a stupid one.

LOL strider orbs are a level 3

This may not be their choices. I remember seeing pictures of Carnage, Doc Oct, Jill in her stars outfit, etc, etc pics.

These could very well just be pictures someone made today after the announcement to build hype/get hits to their site.

I never take anything seriously till it is offically announced. . . . . . . . also comic con does not start till Friday and they said they had a massive announcement for the Panel there. . . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

They were accidentally posted on Capcom's website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

SirAuronDX wrote: »

LOL strider orbs are a level 3

0:23: Team Aerial Combos performed with f+S or b+S appear to take meter from the opponent.

That's a... rather bizarre decision. Probably intended as an indirect nerf to Phoenix.

EDIT:

zCRWY.png

Neeknak wrote: »
    They were accidentally posted on Capcom's website.

Oh ok. Dam it. I was hoping for some slightly better people. . . . . . . really Pheonix Wright really. All he will bring is nintendo fan boys who will end up rage quitting after a month cause I dont see him being that good.

I'm hoping that Frank West plays like MVC2 Jill. Was nothing better than filling the screen with zombies to attack for ya
    Yreval wrote: »
    0:23: Team Aerial Combos performed with f+S or b+S appear to take meter from the opponent.

That's a... rather bizarre decision. Probably intended as an indirect nerf to Phoenix.

Hmmm.....I dont see how. Pheonix players will just mash f/b + s to block it. Unless the change it so ya have to press the exact direction and b/f being the same direction for counters

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

Am I still the only one who does not see how Pheonix Wright will work. Sure the games where enjoyable but in a fighting game. . . . . . . . .

Yeah, I'm on the same page with your there. He just seems like he would be a more gimmicky Deadpool. I mean, you could have some wacky super where he says OBJECTION! really loudly but it's too similar to the 4th wall crisis or whatever. I have to imagine some of those 'leaks' are just red herrings. I mean seriously, rocket raccoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

So many leaks...my head will asplode!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I'm maining Phoenix Wright. I don't care how awful he is.

Overall I'm really happy with these new characters. I like all of the Capcom additions, Ghost Rider and Hawkeye.

2 things, Am I the only seeing that x factor seems to be only 2 levels/linked to time???

Nar, it's definitely 3. First level is a muted red X, second level is flashing, and 3rd level is flashing like crazy.

Yreval wrote: »

i noticed this but then again at 1:25 strider tags in magneto with a team aerial combo against haggar and he doesnt lose a single bit of meter and magneto does it back again and it doesnt happen

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

The Strider/Mag juggles use up and down though. When Strider does the down exchange, he gets an extra bar like how it currently functions. That leads me to believe that when they do the up exchange, they get the damage boost, also like what happens now. Perhaps they just changed the function of l/r exchange to remove a bar from the opponent instead of adding half a bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I am now hype as **** nomatter how bad it is.

Ghost Rider and Firebrand were top of my wishlist by a million miles and here they are.

Firebrand, c'mon who else even played Demons Crest, Capcom market this **** directly at me I swear. :pac:

Where the **** is Venom?! A ****ing Raccoon! A mother ****ing piece of **** ****ing cluster**** of a ****ing ass ****!

The rest of the leaked characters are a mixed bag though, Vergil and Nemesis will be nice to see but the rest seem like kinda meh choices.

Don't get me started on Rocket Raccoon.

Don't get me started on Rocket Raccoon.

He's the police captain (and highly trained combatant because of it) of a genetically altered species of animals charged with nursing an insane humanoid populace of a planet called halfword.

I am not making this up.

I can't really complain when I've got my top pick from either side in one reveal, but still...

WAT :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Snow servbots? BEST GAME EVER!

Advertisement