Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal Quay memories both new and old sought for book

Options
  • 17-04-2010 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭

A friend of my sister's is in the process of putting together a book about The Coal Quay. His name is Richard T. Cooke and he has written a fair few books about Cork City's history, and now he's been asked by The Coal Quay Historical Society to do a book on The Coal Quay.

He's interested in people's memories of the place - whether they're from 15 years ago, or more recent. It could just be your memory of a particular stall, shop, or of people working down there, or its changing appearance, or whatever. It doesn't need to be a long spiel (but it can be if you want), or anything.
    He wants to compile people's memories and then include them in the book with their names (if they wish), but he needs a bit of a hand to gather them.

So, it'd be great if anyone who is interested in contributing their memory/ies, and having their name mentioned in the book, could PM with their memory and full name. I will then forward them on to Richard.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

If anyone who has a memory they want to contribute to the book and they want to cut out the middle man, e.g. myself, they can email Richard directly at richardtcooke@yahoo.com. Put 'My Coal Quay memory' in the subject line and include your full name in the email.

Thanks. :)

Advertisement