Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home alarm system

Options
  • 17-04-2010 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭

Any of my fellow sligonians know any recommended alarm system suppliers in the county Sligo area? It's something I've been planning to sort out, I hear Power Right are pretty good. If anyone one has a rough guide to pricing, it would be a great help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

ugh, I honestly doubt these home alarms even work - all they seem to do is annoy your neighbours when you're not home to turn it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

You can also buy a basic Yale alarm system for around €100 & install it yourself - they're quite easy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

You can also buy a basic Yale alarm system for around €100 & install it yourself - they're quite easy to do.

Yeah, but it does depend how much of a handy andy you really are though. Not everyone can tackle a job like this.

I would recommend powerright. They are sligo based, and are not part of a massive chain. Can't help on the price though.

There is also eircom phonewatch, but I don't know anything more than that on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 InquiringMind

Buy a dog, great company and no one will get near your house without lots of noise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭civildefence

There's a company called Skynet Security based around Leitrim, I worked in the industry for 10 years so know them to be fairly reputable. Most firms charge about €500 to €700 for a standard 3-bed semi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Buy a dog, great company and no one will get near your house without lots of noise :D

Ironically I actually have a huge German Shepperd, nothing moves without it knowing. I'm in the 'sticks' pretty quiet and it's really for if we were away for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

There's a company called Skynet Security based around Leitrim, I worked in the industry for 10 years so know them to be fairly reputable.
    +1
    The ould man subcontracts him to do work. Never any problems.

Advertisement