Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious Behaviour Problem with dog... Help

Options
  • 17-04-2010 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Ok, my dog is a 17 month Dachshund/Westie mix. She has not gotten spayed.

My problem is that she will bark at any man. If were walking and a woman tries to rub her she loves it and doesn't mind girls in our home but if a man tries rub her or calls over to visit she FREAKS out.

She is a very placid dog usually she just developed this problem and nothing i do seems to work. she is fine with my partner but we live together.

She doesn't bite men but i am frightened that she may start to soon if i cant get her barking under control. We also recently moved into an apartment and I dont want our neighbours to get annoyed with it.

Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I would consider perhaps some behaviour classes with a trainer. Not saying you can't train the dog yourself but it can be helpful to get some tips.

You say she's suddenly started acting this way though? Do you know if anything has happened? Any man over that maybe gave out to her or barked at her, or any big change in her life?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

I was thinking behaviour classes, this is our first dog and im terrible for spoiling her (although we have toilet trained her and can get her to sit).

One of my partners brothers does tease her, (think he would have cop on, hes 31 or something) initally i thought it was because he took her away for a week a few months ago and she came back hating men,(he takes her away for weekends for us to his parents house if we are away) but she is fine with him so I dunno if it was him.

Im living in Cork City would anyone know how much classes cost (not working at the moment but could get the money because we need to sort this out)

Advertisement