Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Network Down ?

Options
  • 17-04-2010 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭

Anybody else having issues connecting to the Meteor network ?

My G1 can't find the network.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Ack! Never mind, it came back ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Mine has been down all day today and yesterday as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

mines on and off - hero. rang them and they said issue with their network. still sucks though - turning off data and using 3g then 2g to see if that works

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've been receiving/sending text messages from abroad no probs, but my partner in Ireland isn't receiving any of the text messages I send (from phone and web).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

What I've discovered is that it only seems to be affecting my phone. My sim works on other phones, but not my samsung.
    Is this a normal occurrence, or does it point to an issue with the phone itself?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭paraguay99

im having major problems with the web service. no texts being delivered at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭paraguay99

it's ok now. on and off tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

since i turned off the mobile data it has a stable connection to the network

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

I haven't been able to send or receive messages for the past maybe month or so, it's getting so annoying that I'm considering changing network. I'm receiving messages a day later, is this happening to anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Meteor webtexts arent delivering to my o2 phone, but are to my meteor phone.

Presume, theyre not arriving to vodafone either.

Really, REALLY, annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Seán MacSuibhne

Meteor webtext has not been working for the past 3 days for me.

On the bright side I have discovered o2sms! Its a way of sending web texts from the PC with out using the phone companies web site.

See http://o2sms.sourceforge.net/

Works on Linux Mac and MS.

So come on Meteor!

Make my day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Ok, for me webtexts work, but to non meteor phones. I can send them to an o2 phone from my account, and someone else using their account can send to o2 also.
    From both meteor account messages aren't arriving to Meteor phones. Anyone else seeing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 socroni

My web texts have failed to deliver for at least 3 days now.

The Volcanic ash cloud strikes again?!

socroni wrote: »
    My web texts have failed to deliver for at least 3 days now.

The Volcanic ash cloud strikes again?!

I'm having similar problems when I send texts using cabbage.

It's terrible when you can't trust your mobile network to send texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Webtexts working perfectly for me in Cork

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im having problems sending and receiving texts from my phone to my friends phone who is on 02, the messages often arrive 3 days late and many of them all at once and not in order. However I have no problems sending/receiving messages to most other users, very annoying.

Meteor webtext finally working for me after a week down. Must have been some problem!

S

Meteor webtext finally working for me after a week down. Must have been some problem!

S

Mine appears to be working again too.

Gonzo wrote: »
    im having problems sending and receiving texts from my phone to my friends phone who is on 02, the messages often arrive 3 days late and many of them all at once and not in order. However I have no problems sending/receiving messages to most other users, very annoying.

I had a similar problem with a friend who used to go up north a lot. Doesn't happen when he is on the home network down south.

Seán

Advertisement