Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't open barbell

Options
  • 17-04-2010 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I got a VCH in September and I got it pierced with a barbell. I bought a new BCR recently and I've been trying to open the barbell to change it but to no avail. The problem (and I posted about this before) is that the top ball on the barbell slips into the piercing every now and again and I want to change to a ring. But I can't get the damn bar to open.

I've tried sitting in a warm bath to loosen the metal and I've tried using latex gloves but it's like it's been tightened too much! Nothing happens! Help! :(

CR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Can you not get to a piercer?

If you're really stuck a pliers clamped on to the ball and hold the bar and give it a twist. Take the bar out and give your vch a saline soak just to be sure nothing came off the pliers that could cause infection.

But your prob better off going to your piercer.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

Hi.

Thanks for your suggestion. I got it pierced in Dublin and I'm now living in London. So I can't get back to my original piercer for a while. I have thought about going into a piercer in London but because I've only lived here for a few months, I'm not sure where the cleanest/safest places to go are. Also, I'd be kind of embarrassed going in and explaining and then having to drop trow in front of a stranger (again!) :p.

The thought of a pliers being near my lady parts is making me clench but I'll see if I can root one out.

Cheers! :)

I know what you mean. But what better way to get to know your local piercer:p
    Just to clarify, Not a snips that you would use for snipping wires.

I can't really think of anyother household items that would help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Piercers have super strength, it's a proven* fact! They can take a lot of time, pain and effort to open yourself, but if you go to a piercer it'll probably be open within seconds.

*speculated by me

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

Don't suppose you moved over with a very close friend?! I got my flatmate to do mine, though I have since stolen a surgical clamp for work which is ideal :)

Where abouts in London are you? I'm livin in Essex but my friend is from London, and will know most the places that are good, and where's to be avoided!

• Advertisement

Sofaspud wrote: »
    Piercers have super strength, it's a proven* fact! They can take a lot of time, pain and effort to open yourself, but if you go to a piercer it'll probably be open within seconds.

*speculated by me

:D

Maybe I should just go to a piercer. Anytime I try and open it myself the piercing gets a bit irritated after a few mins. Maybe I'm a bit too rough with it but if I do it gently nothing happens. *sigh* I'm getting really fed up with it. When the ball slips through it can be quite annoying trying to pop it back out. If I put a ring in then I wouldn't have that problem.

I won't get to a piercer for a few weeks as I'm finishing up in college now and I'm up to my eyes. So any more suggestions in the meantime are welcome!

Hi Cleeo!

I moved over with my boyfriend and have tried to get him to do it but he was so rough he hurt me and it didn't budge. I'm in Kent but I travel into Central quite a bit.

I'd be familiar with Camden and there are loads of piercing parlors in there but I don't know which ones are reputable etc.

Also, will a piercer charge to open a barbell? And if so, how much would it cost roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Also, will a piercer charge to open a barbell? And if so, how much would it cost roughly?

I seriously doubt they'd charge you for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Generally they don't charge, as usually you're buying the replacement jewellery from them.
    If you already have the BCR, then they very well may charge. (But it shouldn't be much)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

have you tried some wd40?

• Advertisement

No, I haven't. I never would have thought of something like that. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I dunno if you'd be advised spraying WD40 there, or near any irritated piercing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭smartarse2007

your asking for trouble putting wd40 near any piercing but jesus down there honestly

wd40 + womanhood = :eek::eek::eek:

Although it does have great penetrating power!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I dunno if you'd be advised spraying WD40 there, or near any irritated piercing!!!
    your asking for trouble putting wd40 near any piercing but jesus down there honestly

wd40 + womanhood = :eek::eek::eek:

obviously (to me anyway) i didn't mean her to pull off the cacks and just spray away down there. maybe soak some gauze or cotton wool in wd40 and then wrap around the piercing, taking care to cover/protect sensitive bits n pieces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭smartarse2007

ah even still cotton wool lik ya can just imagine if your ggrasp was to slip or sumthing on normal bits a skin it is gona hurt but then the wd40 mixed in the wound too lik

the best option is to get sum really really grip plastic or sumthing n try n twist it or use a plyers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

LD 50 wrote: »
    Although it does have great penetrating power!
    This post deserve more thanks.

If you can't get it out go to a piercer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 PirateGirl

Cleeo wrote: »
    I got my flatmate to do mine
    ...gross...

Advertisement