Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wheel Alignment

• 17-04-2010 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

having just bought some decent tyres i think its time i got the wheels aligned as my old tyres used to wear on the outside and i dont want my new ones doing the same how much on average should i expect to pay for laser alignment i also live close to the north so could pop over the border if its slighly cheaper

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,468 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Be sure that you dont have worn suspension components as otherwise it will be a waste of time. 4 wheel alignment, 50 to 90 euro I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

thanks mick ill check into it possible alright as car is nearing 100k miles so could be some wear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

just got mine done in blakes cross just out side of rush, cost me 45 euro for alignment. Now to get my hands on camber plates so i can adjust my camber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I had my wife car through the nct and it failed due to wheel alignment and a worn ball joint. I have both sorted out for the re-test, however since the realignment the car shakes very noticeably when driving over 70km/h. What could cause this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

I had my wife car through the nct and it failed due to wheel alignment and a worn ball joint. I have both sorted out for the re-test, however since the realignment the car shakes very noticeably when driving over 70km/h. What could cause this?

Could the tyre pressure be low?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

peanuthead wrote: »
    Could the tyre pressure be low?

Nope, definitely ok. New tyres were put on too for the test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

God I don't know then. My motor knowledge is fairly limited. Maybe not aligned correctly or were some of the wheels not put back on right when tyres fitted (don't know if that would even make a difference)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

prob need to be ballanced...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

The wheels where not balanced when the new tyres where put on. Think cost is about 7 euro per wheel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Last time I got the wheels aligned and balanced it was 45 Euro.

• Advertisement
Advertisement