Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upc - some noobie questions.

• 17-04-2010 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi, sorry if this is not the appropriate place just don't really know where else to post. I've ordered upc 30 meg in the sligo area, I'll be moving into a new house this week and don't want to be on eircom 7meg package any more.

I'm just wondering how cable internet works as a whole, I plan on using the tv in the sitting room and the pc upstairs, I'd rather run the internet with an Ethernet cable connecting the router and pc, for me to do this do I need to have a tv socket in my bedroom etc etc any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

They will install a broadband point in the bedroom if you ask them thats all it takes really you have nothing to worry about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭blodvyn

any extra charge on installing the broadband point in the bedroom, don't mind if there is but don't fancy paying 50quid if they try and swindle it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

No there isn't, just tell the engineer you want the broadband in the bedroom usually they wouldnt make a fuss cause ur paying to get ur broadband installed where you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Also make sure the install guy has everything set up right and wroking before he leaves. Ntl are great when it works. I have it and had very few problems. But if you do have ring their customer support you screwed. You will prob need to take a day off work to ring them as you will be on hold for so long! Then another day for the engineer to come out to fix the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭blodvyn

ty all kindly has settled me down alot :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement