Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching number from tesco mobile to vodafone

Options
  • 17-04-2010 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I bought a phone off my mate he was orginally with 3 and he got his 3 number switched to tesco mobile how do i go about switching to vodafone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Did you get the number from your mate as well? Did you mate use the phone with both 3 and Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

/ random meets the riddler : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭one1

As soon as he got the phone he used his 083 number on the tesco network.
    Yeah i know the number of the phone

The riddle continues

What network are you on?
    What phone did your friend give you?

• Advertisement

I'm vodafone
    its a nokia 6300

Just put your sim in it, your friend was not using a 6300 on the 3 network, if you sim won't work in it, it's probably locked to 02 or meteor.

I put in the vodafone sim and lone behold it worked :D

only problem is when i try to use the internet i keep getting a error " subscribe to packet data first " :rolleyes:

How do i get around this? Can I do this via the usb cable?

Can anyone help?

All the settings you need are in the sticky at the top of this forum, 6300 isn't great for internet, you should treat yourself to a new phone if you want proper mobile internet, also check out the cost of using it before you blow all your credit!

• Advertisement

Can't seem to find it:confused:
    Can someone send me a link?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Should have said i browsed through that thread and couldn't find the one which I require if someone could tell me what page its on that'd be great:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

one1 wrote: »
    Should have said i browsed through that thread and couldn't find the one which I require if someone could tell me what page its on that'd be great:D

Not a mind reader ;)

These are the settings you need for vodafone live:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59855432&postcount=39

and these if you want to use full internet:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59855436&postcount=41

:)

Cheers :D

Advertisement