Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expected behaviour of Auctioneer - from buyer view

Options
  • 17-04-2010 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

I'd just like your thoughts ? We dont know what we're dealing with here and I'm wondering if we're over-reacting.

We saw a house with a auctioneer.
    He never rang us back to see if we were interested.
    The price dropped by 25k - we saw that ourselves on Daft (so we're thinking vendors do want to sell)
    Rang auctioneer back & arranged to see a 2nd time. Told us other interested party but no offers in.
    Put in offer last Friday week. Told him we werent in chain and were approved.
    No callback the past week. Rang him Friday morning (wk after offer went in) for update.
    No callback.

This is reasonable/expected behaviour from him? We're too impatient?
    He's incompetent?
    Doesn't want to sell (to us)?

Thank you.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Auctioneer does not want to sell to you. Find out who the solicitor for the owner is. Write to that solicitor and tell your story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Despite the state of the market, this is still the way a lot of estate agents carry on. My cousin is also looking for a house atm and this is how she has been treated by a number of estate agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Dopey

Name and shame?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

furry wrote: »
    This is reasonable/expected behaviour from him? We're too impatient?
    He's incompetent?
    Doesn't want to sell (to us)?

He's been sacked for incompetence in the meantime?:D
    Standard behaviour I'm afraid.

Could you drop a note in the door to the seller? Or post it if they're not living there - might have redirection of mail in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭furry

It's unreal - what must it have been like at the height of the boom?!
    Thanks for replies.

We're going to wait till next Friday (that's a week to return Friday's call) - we've a letter written and in the letter box it's going. Outlining our position, passing on our details and our solicitors if they want to sell/negotiate.

Again, thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,364 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Dopey wrote: »
    Name and shame?
    No.

If you want to do something like that, get a blog.

Advertisement