Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency locksmith - Help please

Options
  • 17-04-2010 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

So to cut a long story short, scumbags lifted my keys, then took my vehicle, including wallet etc.

When I get my hands on them, I am going to kill. In the meantime, as a precaution, I need to change my front door lock.

Can anyone help with a locksmith who can do this in the north county area? I know this is a premium service but I need to try and get this done at a reasonable price if possible.

i can search for locksmiths online easily enough, I'm more looking for someone who might have had the same unfortunate experience and had to do the same thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Can anyone help with a locksmith who can do this in the north county area?

Try here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

also if you don't find one today and don't want to pay high costs for a sunday call out, you could always glue the lock on your front door (bit where you stick the key in) and just use the back door until you get out and buy a new lock or get someone to fix it for a reasonable price

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Moved from AHs.
    OP, I hope you get someone to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Try here.

Thanks for that, but I meant north county dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

why not goto some place in the morning (Halfords or something similar) - buy a new lock.... screwdriver etc and do it yourself.

for tonight...just put a deadbolt or something leaving up against door - so if they come in the front door it will make a noise and you can then ...catch and ...go all reservoir dogs on them !!

• Advertisement

PCPhoto wrote: »
    why not goto some place in the morning (Halfords or something similar) - buy a new lock.... screwdriver etc and do it yourself.

for tonight...just put a deadbolt or something leaving up against door - so if they come in the front door it will make a noise and you can then ...catch and ...go all reservoir dogs on them !!

Lets just say, the way they went about this means I want to be sure as as a result, they have my home address and a copy of my house key.

Plus, my front door has the lock built in to it, it's not easy to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Talk to your local Garda station. They will know people.

Victor wrote: »
    Talk to your local Garda station. They will know people.

Got it sorted in the end. Considering it was a saturday evening, a full lock replacement and three keys done within an hour for €120. Good value for peace of mind imo.

I've also had the van moved and stored safely until I can get into it, cancelled cards and been to the gardai about my stolen license.

What a **** day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Mr Locksmith

What make of van is it ?

What make of van is it ?

A white one.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Mr Locksmith

Good one.

Was going to give you some advice on how you could prevent bad boys coming back for van and not get ripped off money wise doing so.

Good one.

Was going to give you some advice on how you could prevent bad boys coming back for van and not get ripped off money wise doing so.

Well, at this stage, the van is in a secure location, and I have cctv footage at two different locations of the people, and their accomplices who took the van. Lets just say the bad boys are the ones who should be worried now.

Advertisement