Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leonard Cohen is coming to Sligo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Perhaps he could dedicate a song or two to the right of way dispute :D

eg The Law or One Of Us Cannot Be Wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

No ****.

I went to the same Uni as him :P

OceanFM suggests he may not come to Sligo.
    The announcement was "premature" and will be removed from his website according to some PR agency.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Yep see that:
    http://www.hotpress.com/news/6419006.html

Oh well he might be coming.....or he might not:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Leonard Cohen & Westlife......apparently......!!

Its all very exciting, especially seeing as my holiday is looking like its going up in smoke or ash, whatever the case may be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dolman

MikeySligo wrote: »
    Leonard Cohen & Westlife......apparently......!!

Its all very exciting, especially seeing as my holiday is looking like its going up in smoke or ash, whatever the case may be.

Sadly Cohen's management company (AEG) have removed Sligo from the list of venues........

As the man himself would say

"Nothing left to do
    when you've got to go on waiting
    waiting for the miracle to come. "

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hope he plays that X Factor song...

:P

Tickets on sale next Monday morning (26th) at 9am from Ticketmaster.

Priced at €80.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Yep it looks like that it's back on now. I heard it was confirmed on Gerry Ryan's Twitter account :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Gerry Ryan has a Twatter account, not a Twitter one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

basquille wrote: »
    Tickets on sale next Monday morning (26th) at 9am from Ticketmaster.

Priced at €80.

Jeepers is this a definite? Seen him twice and would love to see him on own back door step.........cannot believe if this is really happening. :pac::):)

Yeah.. it's definitey happening!

Apparently a 10,000 capacity all-seated concert.. tickets are from €80, but still not a bad price considering it's Leonard Cohen.

Link: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5hiRNDvMYzh6iiKYynYyZjCCg-zRA

(can't imagine them fitting 10,000 people in Lissadell comfortably.. even with using the court-yard obviously!)

basquille wrote: »
    Yeah.. it's definitey happening!

Apparently a 10,000 capacity all-seated concert.. tickets are from €80, but still not a bad price considering it's Leonard Cohen.

Link: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5hiRNDvMYzh6iiKYynYyZjCCg-zRA

(can't imagine them fitting 10,000 people in Lissadell comfortably.. even with using the court-yard obviously!)

His concert is an out of body experience....I never thought the first time could be repeated when I saw him in the stadium years ago he was such an experience, but then at Kilmainham he was even better. Mesmerizing. Gosh what do you reckon, will it be mad trying to get hold of tickets, he has played a few times even more recently........ (Crosses fingers toes and all other appenditures:o:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

tuppence wrote: »
    His concert is an out of body experience....I never thought the first time could be repeated when I saw him in the stadium years ago he was such an experience, but then at Kilmainham he was even better. Mesmerizing. Gosh what do you reckon, will it be mad trying to get hold of tickets, he has played a few times even more recently........ (Crosses fingers toes and all other appenditures:o:D)

I got my parents tickets for him at the O2 at gave my dad a buzz when it was finished. He was literally speechless on the phone. Almost emotional. Needless to say he'll be interested in this. Not sure if I'll be supplying them this time mind seeing as I have Bob Dylan tickets for em!

Fizman wrote: »
    I got my parents tickets for him at the O2 at gave my dad a buzz when it was finished. He was literally speechless on the phone. Almost emotional. Needless to say he'll be interested in this. Not sure if I'll be supplying them this time mind seeing as I have Bob Dylan tickets for em!

God lucky them!! They have brought you up well.
    Leonard Cohen does that to people, even the harshest critics end up being transfixed. Women were swooning men were jealous, hes got it all and how old is he now.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Is he supposed to be playing Dublin again this year?

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    Is he supposed to be playing Dublin again this year?
    Think this is his only Irish gig this year..

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

I am probably too much of a cynic but I would be suprised if there is only 1 gig this time seeing as he sold out 3 nights in 2008 and 4 nights last year. I thought I read somewhere he is playing Dublin again this year. I cant find anything about it now though.

How the hell are they gonna get people in and out of Lissadell/Carney etc????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

they better get a shuttle bus service from sligo or parking will be a disaster

Pre-sale started today:
    Leonard Cohen at Lissadell House, Sligo, Ireland - 31st July. On presale now. http://bit.ly/9T7dmc

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭boosh_fan

anticipate a problem with finding hotels given that it's a bank holiday weekend. Would it be difficult to get from Strandhill to and from Lissadell House? Would it be better to stay in Sligo town do you think?

The Clarion have some rooms left, they are going fast though.
    As the others are saying there really should be some sort of bus from the town.

So out of curiosity how many here will be trying to get a ticket on Monday?
    Am goin to be trying to get 5 at last count.... Gulp :eek:

tuppence wrote: »
    So out of curiosity how many here will be trying to get a ticket on Monday?
    Am goin to be trying to get 5 at last count.... Gulp :eek:

Did you see the pre-sale:
    http://bit.ly/9T7dmc

People are buying tickets today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Tickets sorted, nice...

And several people I know have also snapped them up already too.
    May not be too many left come Monday.

Selling out fast already.
    I hope its a great success.
    Still no official word on Westlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

There is loads of B&B's out that part of the country but I'm sure once they heard about the concert they hiked up the prices.
    A shuttle bus would be so handy and knowing Sligo it probably won't be provided.

• Advertisement

magnumlady wrote: »
    Did you see the pre-sale:
    http://bit.ly/9T7dmc

People are buying tickets today.

Thanks a million for the heads up on this Magnumlady. Phew. :)

Advertisement