Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leonard Cohen is coming to Sligo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

bobcar61 wrote: »
    There is loads of B&B's out that part of the country but I'm sure once they heard about the concert they hiked up the prices.
    A shuttle bus would be so handy and knowing Sligo it probably won't be provided.

It'll be a welcome boost for them alright.

It will have to be park and ride.
    Imagine the traffic around Carney, Ballinfull, Maugherow etc on those little roads, and people trying to get back out onto the N15 at the end.

He may as well do a second night cos everyone will still be there anyway!

Seriously, I'd love to know what the plans are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

MikeySligo wrote: »
    Still no official word on Westlife.

And hopefully there won't be any sign of them there either.:eek:
    Think I'll be scalping my tickets if they are appearing.
    Twud be rather silly to put both of these on the same bill.

And think it's going to be a one way traffic system for the event, in Carney side, out the other.

Fair play to Sligo Co. Co. for facilitating this event.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Pete M. wrote: »
    It'd be a seperate gig obviously..! :D

I wouldn't imagine the slightest bit of overlap between Westlife fans and Leonard Cohen fans.. it'd be like putting Slipknot supporting of Miley Cyrus.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Saturday night sold out within minutes, 2nd night for the sunday has been added and selling

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

It'll be a welcome boost for them alright.

It will have to be park and ride.
    Imagine the traffic around Carney, Ballinfull, Maugherow etc on those little roads, and people trying to get back out onto the N15 at the end.

He may as well do a second night cos everyone will still be there anyway!

Seriously, I'd love to know what the plans are.

seen adverts for shuttle buses from the major towns/cities, no mention about services from sligo though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

Ive booked tickets for myself and my mother to see the concert. Does anybody know what time the concert starts at? I was hoping to do the triathlon out in Rosses Point the same day?

to answer my own query, from looking up his own website, its 7pm, so I shoudl have enough time to do the triathlon out in Rosses Point, get back to Sligo, changed and off for the concert. Should be a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

banjobongo wrote: »
    Ive booked tickets for myself and my mother to see the concert. Does anybody know what time the concert starts at? I was hoping to do the triathlon out in Rosses Point the same day?

to answer my own query, from looking up his own website, its 7pm, so I shoudl have enough time to do the triathlon out in Rosses Point, get back to Sligo, changed and off for the concert. Should be a great day.

sounds like a tiring day!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Maxav

banjobongo wrote: »

Swim straight across to Lissadell:D No problems with traffic..............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Pete M. wrote: »

And think it's going to be a one way traffic system for the event, in Carney side, out the other.

Fair play to Sligo Co. Co. for facilitating this event.... ;)

Westlife are gonna be on the Friday night.
    Whats the capacity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

Got tickets for Sat, but bit worried.....will it be concert of the year or Streisand Mark II

Nice to have the Westlifers as guinea pigs on the Friday, get all the wrinkles sorted before The Man touches down. Queuing to get out of Westlife would be a special type of hell for some.

LostCovey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Westlife are gonna be on the Friday night.
    Whats the capacity?

Where did you hear that? As far as I know it's only a rumour at the moment and it's hoped that they will play again in Sligo sometime in the near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 james08

Hi all,
    Just to clear up a few questions..

This concert is a 10000 all seater concert (outdoor on the lissadell estate) which is half way between bundoran and sligo ... about 5min drive off the N15 road.

Traffic restrictions will be in place... no news on that yet only that link buses to and from the venue will be in operation.

2nd night has been confirmed for sunday 1st of August tickets on sale

Most hotel accommodation has been provisionally block booked by all hotels, this is in relation to where the stage crew, management, etc are staying..

Hotels will make all extra rooms available once they recieve confirmation of these block booking's. (Hopefully this weekend)

Hotels which may have availabilty from next week are: in order of closet to Lissadell house first:
    Raddisson blu Hotel 10 min
    Yeats Country 10 min
    Pier Head Hotel 10min
    Beach Hotel 10min
    Clarion Hotel 15min
    Sligo Southern Hotel 15 min
    Sligo Park Hotel 15 min
    keep an eye on all hotel websites and most importantly facebook pages/groups...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

james08 wrote: »
    Hotels which may have availabilty from next week are: in order of closet to Lissadell house first:
    Raddisson blu Hotel 10 min
    Yeats Country 10 min
    Pier Head Hotel 10min
    Beach Hotel 10min
    Clarion Hotel 15min
    Sligo Southern Hotel 15 min
    Sligo Park Hotel 15 min
    keep an eye on all hotel websites and most importantly facebook pages/groups...

There is no way that the Radisson and the Yeats Country Hotel are within 10 minutes of Lissadell House. It's almost a 10 minutes drive from Rosses Point where the Yeats Country is located to the centre of town and then you have to drive out to Lissadell House, probably roughly another 15 minutes drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

bobcar61 wrote: »
    There is no way that the Radisson and the Yeats Country Hotel are within 10 minutes of Lissadell House. It's almost a 10 minutes drive from Rosses Point where the Yeats Country is located to the centre of town and then you have to drive out to Lissadell House, probably roughly another 15 minutes drive.

Distances don't matter - it will take four hours on the day anyway!

LostCovey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 james08

The Raddisson Blu Hotel is no further than 15min max to Lissadell house, any good sat nav will take you through Rathcormac and then turn off for Carney. There is no need to travel towards Sligo Town.

The Same with the Yeats Country, possibly 3 - 4 minutes longer.

All of the Hotel's North of Sligo Town are close to the concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Does anyone if it's just him or will there be a few supporting acts like Slane?
    I'm guessing not or only 1 supporting seeing as it's all seater.

Is anyone else planning to camp/will there be camping facilities nearby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

There may be a problem for the concerts.

Sligo County Council intend to cut off water supplies in North Sligo from 8pm to 8am the following morning. http://www.sligococo.ie/News/Name,16629,en.html

Advertisement