Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Gline

• 17-04-2010 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi

I would just like to warn other boards.ie members about the console modding services.

I had my console collected my Gline for repair on March 5 and 2 weeks later the RROD problem had returned after I had paid Gline €30 for the repair. I contacted Gline by phone and through boards.ie numberous times but he never spoke to me and preferred to ignore the problem.

He does not appear to know what he is doing when it comes to console repairs so I wold advise you to look elsewhere for your repairs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Just letting you know, most of the time the RROD death fix doesn't really work.. Iv'e fixed a few consoles that way and they all got the red ring again eventually its just a matter of time. I knew exactly what I was doing also.

The fact this user isn't responding to you though is a bit cheap.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Yea, the fact that he doesn't respond is what really annoys me. I knew that this could happen with the RROD problem but from talking to other people they seem to believe that the repair wasnt done properly.

Perhaps Gline is aware of this and as such it would explain his reluctance to confront the issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Gline has a steller reputation for modding on boards as far as i can tell, he's hardly going to let it get tattered for the sake of €30?

Cant explain the lack of response though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Hi

I would just like to warn other boards.ie members about the console modding services.

I had my console collected my Gline for repair on March 5 and 2 weeks later the RROD problem had returned after I had paid Gline €30 for the repair. I contacted Gline by phone and through boards.ie numberous times but he never spoke to me and preferred to ignore the problem.

He does not appear to know what he is doing when it comes to console repairs so I wold advise you to look elsewhere for your repairs.

I had gline fix my xbox for a similar problem and the problem persisted, so good a lad he is he actually took my xbox to fix and gave me his instead so you are way off man. As for no contact, people do have lives you know and because you paid him doesnt mean he is at your beckon call give it some time maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

SO Hi GAAMan

I appreciate your response but I have been try to to get in contact with Gline for the past few weeks without look.

He is unwilling to confront this issue. This is again evident in his failure to post n this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

pm sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

this issue can be resolved in pm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement