Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Komplett are in a mess so where else to buy

Options
  • 17-04-2010 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

with komplett unusable for the next few months were else is good to buy bits.

I needs a cheap case,a 500gb sata HDD and a oem version of windows 7 64bit.

and i need it by tuesday or wensday????

where is the best/cheapest place to get what i am after.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What's wrong with kompette

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

What's wrong with kompette

Oh, nothing much... just the fact that since ParaDigit gobbled up Komplett at the beginning of this month (a very dark April Fools! :o) everyone's accounts have been deleted, there's no secure transactions available on-site, transactions are wiping themselves, the database is nuked and there are huge processing and shipping delays for both orders and RMAs.

So, pretty much everything is wrong with ParaDigit "Komplett" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

So where should I look to get the bits I'm after ??????????????

Solitaire wrote: »
    Oh, nothing much... just the fact that since ParaDigit gobbled up Komplett at the beginning of this month (a very dark April Fools! :o) everyone's accounts have been deleted, there's no secure transactions available on-site, transactions are wiping themselves, the database is nuked and there are huge processing and shipping delays for both orders and RMAs.

So, pretty much everything is wrong with ParaDigit "Komplett" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Yeah, I tried to buy stuff off them this week. Forget it. They deleted my account and then deleted the account I used to replace the deleted account :)

If you want stuff quick, try elara. At least the stuff comes and you can collect it at the red cow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

overclockers.co.uk have an EXCELLENT reputation for service dispatch and customer service

Their prices also seem very competitive, plannin on ordering alot of stuff from them for my new rig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Deaddude wrote: »
    overclockers.co.uk have an EXCELLENT reputation for service dispatch and customer service

Their prices also seem very competitive, plannin on ordering alot of stuff from them for my new rig

prices are competitive until you go to input your address at which point they up vat to 21.5% for Ireland :)

Shop at www.dabs.ie found them very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Take note though that they charge the Irish Vatrate, it changes at checkout as soon as You put in an Irish address and the price changes. They're registered for Vat here

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

Are the overclocked bundles good value for money on overclockers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

oh did not know that, that sucks :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

My recent experiences with them have pretty much been the opposite of this. I'll never order from OCUK again.

• Advertisement

I placed a order with elara.ie so lets see how it works out.

Elara are fine, I've used them lots and have always got things quickly, they take laser which is best thing about them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Carne wrote: »
    Are the overclocked bundles good value for money on overclockers?

Not considering anyone could do the same by following a guide on-line.

Also although I had a good experience with Overclockers I would not recommend them after hearing all the disaster stories.

www.onestoppcshop.ie is another good one, with next day delivery for only 7 or 12 euro. I can't remember right now

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

Buy it off ebuyer.com

Every time I have ordered off them, I have recieved my items in 2 days, even when ordering at night!

Excellent prices aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

Gaw_ wrote: »
    Buy it off ebuyer.com

Every time I have ordered off them, I have recieved my items in 2 days, even when ordering at night!

Excellent prices aswell.

eBuyer are good but don't you have to use Google Checkout to pay as Paypal doesn't seem to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

http://www.hardwareversand.de

dabs also. Sad to hear such report about komplett. Ive spent thousands with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »

dabs also. Sad to hear such report about komplett. Ive spent thousands with them.
    Bet me to it :( Aye, hardwareversand.de is very good. Just ensure you click the "english" option on the top right of the page.

Thanks I would have used them only I need to get the PC up and running asap. and I have heard the are slow to deliver.

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »

the_syco wrote: »
    Bet me to it :( Aye, hardwareversand.de is very good. Just ensure you click the "english" option on the top right of the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

cant really fault pixmania either.

just make sure all your items are stocked with pixmania, or else they charge a lot for shipping because it comes from different places.

Pixmania are the same company as Currys/PcWorld, Sorry, but I just refuse to give them money for overpriced shíte

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I had problems with the couriers OcUK used to use. So I stopped using them a few years back. Maybe they've improved since. Komplett used to be great. Shame there so many problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭shnaek

Carne wrote: »
    eBuyer are good but don't you have to use Google Checkout to pay as Paypal doesn't seem to work.

Yeah, I went with Hardwareversand for that reason. I was going to use Komplett, but they're all over the place at the mo. Then I went through the process of picking out all the parts for my new build with ebuyer, and had delivery cancelled on paypal. When I went to re-order on ebuyer, some of the parts were out of stock and not expected for a month. So I went with the Germans in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

i've waited two weeks for komplett to get their house in order, having used them for years, but i've had enough embarrassment putting my customers on hold, checked out the harversand website and they're all over the place.

i used pixmania before to order a pair of hard drives and while their website too was all over the place, i had to use google translator to translate the status order page from french to english!

just ordered off elara there, laser facility was the clincher for me, with a clearly laid out website, job done in five minutes, literally opened a new tab while reading through this thread, picked parts, placed order, now, back to work! :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Pix have always been messy. eBuyer are a bit mad, HWVS used to be good but have also made a mess of their website in recent months. I'm guessing there was a serious snafu with Komplett's database migration to ParaDigit leaving a whole load of critical files FUBAR. As a result most of the user accounts and some of the products are gone and its not the kind of catastrophe you come back from in a few days. Add in the lack of a secure server and all we can say is that Komplett is in the ICU and all we can do is hope for a more complete recovery at some point in the future, and expect some memory loss when it does :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I use ebuyer a good bit, they nearly always deliver within 3 days. Although if you haven't got your package within 3 days that means it's not coming. I've had two boxes sent to me in the past, one box would arrive the next day with the 2nd never making it. It's rare that happens though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Order alot from overclockers and never had a problem, like their range too.

Made my first order with pixmania also this week, no complaints.

Will never order from komplett again :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

BostonB wrote: »
    I had problems with the couriers OcUK used to use. So I stopped using them a few years back. Maybe they've improved since. Komplett used to be great. Shame there so many problems.

Worst thing about OCersUK is the couriers never ever find my address,i always have to pick up my gear from their hub,turns me off them tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Odd, DPD are one of the few couriers who know where my house is! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I've only had good experiences with OcUK (apart from that time the idiots delivering dropped my brand spanking new monitor out of the truck but that was the couriers fault and thankgully nothing was broken).

Pixmania on the other hand I would never buy from again, I received a damaged Creative Zen in the post and it took me nearly three months of harrassing their customer support to get it sorted. I was initially going to go for a replacement but after they messed me around for so long I demanded my money back, was told I wasn't entitled to that, fought some more and eventually got it minus the shipping costs for delivery and return even though I had been told everything would be refunded.

Ultimately though I suppose horror stories about every company will bubble up to the surface so it's probably only a case of being unlucky if something does go wrong for you op.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Pixmania are the same company as Currys/PcWorld, Sorry, but I just refuse to give them money for overpriced shíte

i dont agree.

i specc'd up a small upgrade last night on pixmania and hardwareversand.

including delivery from pixmania the total was 421.
    including delivery from hardwareversand, the total was 416.

now, factor in i can pay with my laser with pixmania right away, and items will be here in 2 - 3 days.

with hardwareversand, i have to go to the bank, and transfer, wait for the money to clear, and then delivery 3 - 5 days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement