Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance looking for plumbers report?? Can i write one?

• 17-04-2010 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any experience dealing with insurance companies .
    I had a leak in my own house due to a waste pipe pulling out of a shower waste. The shower is in over 20 years i think the pipe pulled out because it was slightly too short and was unsupported over its 2meter length from the shower to the external wall. And with expansion and contraction from hot water and no support i believe it just worked its way out .

I lengthened the pipe to the correct length and will be installing a few supports when the damaged ceiling is taken down.

Anyway im in the last year of my plumbing apprenticeship so obviously i just fixed it myself .
    However as the ceiling below needs replaceing the insurance are asking for a plumbers report .
    Can i just type it up myself and sign it ?
    Its not costing the insurance anything extra as they dont pay for plumbing work.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

unless they asked you for an independent plumbers report type one up yourself and send it off,they asked you for a plumbers report and your a plumber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Its obvious you cannot write your own report... But ask a good friend to do one.... Try change it a little. To allow for expansion which is force majour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

well its the parents house and the parents insurance ,so i might just write it and see what they say. What exactly are they going to say ? "you should of got someone else even though you are a plumber" ? As far as i can tell from the insurance side its just a case of they need the reason for their own report.

Advertisement