Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham Asylum corrupt save (pc)

Options
  • 17-04-2010 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

I was playing this yesterday and the pc crashed as the game was autosaving. When I tried to play again its telling me the save is corrupted. This seems ridiculous to me, as the game doesnt let you make multiple save files, so you would think it would have some sort of facility to back up your save before it overwrites it.

I did a bit of searching and it seems its a common problem. Anyone know a fix ? Alternatively, could someone send me their save ? I'm a couple of hours in at the bit when
    you find out that Gordons not dead afterall. Just after the first Scarecrow level

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Bit optimistic hoping that someone happened to be at the same spot in the game as you :) Shame to hear that your games screwed up. If it's any consolation it's pretty much the same old game all the way through :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I actually think i have a save point a little bit after that. At least the 1st Scarecrow boss is the last thing i remember doing. I'll check for you tomorrow if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Bit optimistic hoping that someone happened to be at the same spot in the game as you :) Shame to hear that your games screwed up. If it's any consolation it's pretty much the same old game all the way through :P

Overly optimistic you say ? ;)
    Kiith wrote: »
    I actually think i have a save point a little bit after that. At least the 1st Scarecrow boss is the last thing i remember doing. I'll check for you tomorrow if you want.

That would be much appreciated, thanks. Obviously doesn't need to be exactly where I was - anywhere around that period of the game would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i started this ages ago but something shinier caught my attention so have started playing again, i'm at 49% and really enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Wow, I started playing this game for the first time after you posted, but now that I've read the post I'm way beyond. Bad luck :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I have one, its just at the Harley Quinn electrified water puzzles, not sure how far ahead it is. Pm your email and i'll send it

Wow, I started playing this game for the first time after you posted, but now that I've read the post I'm way beyond. Bad luck :p

Ah crap!
    PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I have one, its just at the Harley Quinn electrified water puzzles, not sure how far ahead it is. Pm your email and i'll send it

Cheers man.

Ok, just checked there and i'm just after beating Bane for the 1st time. Heading to the Batcave now. I realise that may be a spoiler, but someone might be able to tell me how far ahead i was compared to you.

And can you transfer a save game from one Games for Windows Live account to another?

Ok, just checked there and i'm just after beating Bane for the 1st time. Heading to the Batcave now. I realise that may be a spoiler, but someone might be able to tell me how far ahead i was compared to you.

And can you transfer a save game from one Games for Windows Live account to another?

Actually now that I think about it I had just fought Bane also. Is that the fight when he runs at you and you gotta jump out of the way and then pull the cords out of his back ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I have a save on hard difficulty during the fight with Bane.

• Advertisement

5uspect wrote: »
    I have a save on hard difficulty during the fight with Bane.

Any way to lower the difficulty midgame ?

Sent it on to you there. Let me know if there's any trouble with it.

Sent it on to you there. Let me know if there's any trouble with it.

Didnt work :(

Says its corrupted for some unknown reason.

[edit] When I copy your save into my folder it says its corrupted. When I copy your whole folder in it doesnt show up at all. Must be something to do with your windows live game id or something.

I was thinking it might not work across profiles. But it might also be because i compressed the folder maybe? I can try and send you the single file thats in the folder tomorrow, and see if that works. I'm back in work again till 7am tomorrow.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Tusky wrote: »
    Any way to lower the difficulty midgame ?

I'll go check.
    In the mean time have a read of this:
    http://pctroubleshooting.ro/index.php?/topic/8321-batman-arkham-asylum-story-complete-savegame/
    01. Go to C:\Users\UserName\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\ for Windows Vista or C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum for Windows XP
    02. Replace the SaveData folder with the one provided. Make a backup first.
    03. Go to C:\Users\UserName\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\ for Windows Vista or C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft for Windows XP
    04. Replace the XLive folder with the one provided. Make a backup first.
    05. Run the game (the buggy Direct2Drive release).
    06. It will show you that all save slots are empty.
    07. Press the "Home" key on the keyboard.
    08. Click "Sign in" on the Games For Windows Live screen.
    09. Login to the "Gaby" profile.
    10. Click on the red X mark to close the GamesForWindows Live prompt.
    11. Hit enter to reload the profile (it asks you to reload).
    12. The fourth save slot shows you a savegame. Load it.

Royal PITA but better than nothing.

EDIT: No luck changing the difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

That's crazy to only allow one save game. I can't see why they would do that.

off topic: Kiith, I like the It's always Sunny in Philadelphia quote in your signature!

Advertisement