Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a glorious day in Dublin today. What did you do?

Options
  • 17-04-2010 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

I hopped on a dublin bike and went up George's St.

Then walked over to Merrion Sq and had lunch in the park. Sooooo nice.

And then went on another spin on a dublin bike.

And then sat outside the Bailey and enjoyed a few cold ones.

Good times!

Dublin can be heaven.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4asSbKhqAGM&feature=related

What did you get up to in Dublin today?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

worked til around 5 and im just relaxing now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Fifty Km cycle, then went for a swim.

I'd murder a gargle but I've a couple of Judo competitions coming up and have to drop 15kgs so no gargle for Marto tonight :mad:

Oh yea, checked out lots of ass :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Up at 5am, working from 6 and finished about 4. Good day, met some nice people. Relaxing now sipping on a cold beer, ill be asleep by 10...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Took a cruise around town on my lambretta then went for a cycle County Kildare way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Fifty Km cycle, then went for a swim.

I'd murder a gargle but I've a couple of Judo competitions coming up and have to drop 15kgs so no gargle for Marto tonight :mad:

Oh yea, checked out lots of ass :P

i would say stephens green was heaving with top class cabbage today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Car boot sale in the Bernard Shaw. A bit over packed, but still fun. Got me some nice boots and a skirt too!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Went to the Ideal Homes Show (for free, thank you boardsies) and then had a late lunch/early dinner by the river in Ballsbridge, it felt like we where in Italy! Nice walk back into town via Gand Canal Dock, good place to soak up some rays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dragons Revenge

Finally checked out St. Stephen's Green. Absolutely gorgeous. Almost got mauled by f'ing seagulls and pigeons.... and a swan. Otherwise just spend most of the day outside. Homework be damned.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DecentBee

Cycled round the pheonix park with a friend, then strolled back into town and got food in the epicurian. Fingers crossed tomorrow's as nice!

Finally checked out St. Stephen's Green. Absolutely gorgeous. Almost got mauled by f'ing seagulls and pigeons.... and a swan. Otherwise just spend most of the day outside. Homework be damned.

Your a visitor here?..

My recommendation for tomorrow so.

If your fit enough to cycle, hire a bike and get out and about, maybe a spin along the Grand Canal or up to The Pheonix Park .

Or jump on The DART and head for Howth Harbour, there's a great market there tomorrow and some great little cafe's & bar's, or there's a walk along the harbour (feed the seals!) or some beautiful cliff walks.

Enjoy the weather, we don't get this for long :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Was working 8am to 9pm. Same again tomorrow. :(

Your a visitor here?..

My recommendation for tomorrow so.

If your fit enough to cycle, hire a bike and get out and about, maybe a spin along the Grand Canal or up to The Pheonix Park .

Or jump on The DART and head for Howth Harbour, there's a great market there tomorrow and some great little cafe's & bar's, or there's a walk along the harbour (feed the seals!) or some beautiful cliff walks.

Enjoy the weather, we don't get this for long :(

Yeah, I'm here for college this semester.

Those sound great, but I gotta get the homework done tomorrow that I didn't do today. I'll definitely make it a point to make it out there before I go though. Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i had lectures all day till 5 on baggot st. going for lunch seeing people sitting along the canal having a few cans, i seriously considered taking the afternoon off.

golf tomorrow, hope its as nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Was in bed after the trinity ball last night for the majority of the time, ah well.... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rovers AGM in Tallaght for the afternoon, meal afterwards...not much outside-ness involved:mad:

Yesterday was good though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Was working 8am to 9pm. Same again tomorrow. :(

Oooooh wba.

I worked in the glorious sunshine from 11-7 selling my own pics in Temple Bar. Best job in the flipping world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I jumped on a bus to Dun Laoghaire, stopping off to pick up my guitar.

Dudess wrote: »
    I jumped on a bus to Dun Laoghaire, stopping off to pick up my guitar.

Did you meet that drunk fucker on a bus?.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

No, sure I was at home in the garden all day!

Think this is the first time I've had sunburn in April IIRC.
    I was pottering in the garden all day and loved it. Picked Mrs G up from work at 9 and had a few cold beers to finish out the day. Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I did, yeah. :/

Have to say though, everyone looked so well on Grafton Street... but the stench off the Liffey...!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭líreacán

Dudess wrote: »
    I did, yeah. :/

Have to say though, everyone looked so well on Grafton Street... but the stench off the Liffey...!

All that was missing was the sound of a low flying jet!!

...or any aircraft.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

painted the garden fence, the bird table, the garden bench.

dug the soon to be veg plot. weeded the flower beds.

planted the tomatoes and sunflowers.

clean out the shed.

where was the OH is hear you ask? on the sofa hungover to feck watching football:rolleyes:

it was a lovely day, i had a great time:)

Oh yeah. I saw a lone seal just sitting (lying? swiming?) in the river chillin' out. I never saw a seal in real life before. I always thought they were in colder areas.

I'm such a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

"and the liffey as it stank like hell"

Funnily enough, I had a good ol' sniff at the Liffey and it smelt fine. It's been a like time since it was really smelly (oh god do you remember how bad it used to be)

IS it cleaner these days or sumpin'???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

irishbird wrote: »
    where was the OH is hear you ask? on the sofa hungover to feck watching football:rolleyes:

So you both had a good day then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I went for a walk around town, and spent most of the afternoon on the boardwalk, reading my book, watching the world go by. I won't say anything about the skangers or junkies, cos tbh I didn't see many :-)

Advertisement