Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amstel Gold

• 17-04-2010 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

From cyclingnews:

The management of the 24 teams entered in Amstel Gold Race met in Maastricht on Saturday afternoon to submit their final rosters and discuss the fallout from European travel restrictions that will see eight teams start without their full compliment of riders.

178 of the originally 192 riders are expected to sign-on in Maastricht on Sunday morning.

The final team line-ups for Amstel Gold Race will be confirmed at 5:30p.m. CET, after a team directors meeting in Maastricht, Netherlands.

It has also been reported that television helicopters may not be allowed to fly due to the restrictions on aviation currently in place. If unable to fly, there will be no live video images of the race available. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Disappointing if no live feeds :(

Chris Horner is in great form and really stuck it to Valverde (not riding due to flight stoppage) in Spain last week. Fancy him to be prominent in all the races this week and could win tomorrow.. Pozzato has outside chance but may have to ride for Ivanov and Gilbert should be coming to peak form. Don't think Frank Schleck has the kick to win any of these classics but the dutch will be pretty confident that Robert Gesink or Karsten Kroon will make it a home victory.

Oh and don't be surprised if a certain Mr Roche is very prominent this week. Not forgettiing Philip Deignan who is also riding tomorrow. Come on the lads.
    Anybody know if Dan Martin is riding Fleche Wallone or Liege?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

Roche and Deignan will be in the mix hopefully:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

From RTE website:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0417/transportupdates.html

21.20 Volcanologists have said the eruptions from Mount Eyjafjallajokull could continue for months.

Hmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

emtroche wrote: »
    From cyclingnews:

The management of the 24 teams entered in Amstel Gold Race met in Maastricht on Saturday afternoon to submit their final rosters and discuss the fallout from European travel restrictions that will see eight teams start without their full compliment of riders.

178 of the originally 192 riders are expected to sign-on in Maastricht on Sunday morning.

The final team line-ups for Amstel Gold Race will be confirmed at 5:30p.m. CET, after a team directors meeting in Maastricht, Netherlands.

It has also been reported that television helicopters may not be allowed to fly due to the restrictions on aviation currently in place. If unable to fly, there will be no live video images of the race available. :(

There will be TV coverage and an article about Deignan

http://www.cyclingnews.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Sastre has been ruled out due to the lack of air flights. Races in the coming weeks will see a much bigger affect as riders can't fly around. A lot of the teams had people at the race location before the Volcano went.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

For anyone who can't wait for Eurosport coverage to start...

http://www.amstelgoldrace.nl/live/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

Ha you wouldnt want to be getting free bies from the race sponsors!!

Imagine the Ras if foreign teams cant get here ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

great result in the end. Finally got the victory of one the classics .

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

anybody else see the riders who seemed to try and take a shortcut through a car park at the bend where the ag2r rider crashed?
    it was a dead end from what i could make out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Delighted for Gilbert. Makes a change from some of the other favorites that couldn't fly over to it. Can't understand why the Schlecks were watching each other all day. Either could've pulled away and do better than they did.

shapez wrote: »
    Delighted for Gilbert. Makes a change from some of the other favorites that couldn't fly over to it. Can't understand why the Schlecks were watching each other all day. Either could've pulled away and do better than they did.

The Schlecks are idiots - they never display any intelligence when racing !! Good engines - no savy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

garminguy wrote: »
    anybody else see the riders who seemed to try and take a shortcut through a car park at the bend where the ag2r rider crashed?
    it was a dead end from what i could make out
    I just thought that it was a really tight corner. Maybe I am mixing it up with a different one. Though how there weren't many more smashes I do not know> Very narrow twisty roads thru villages with cars parked everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

During the Eurosport coverage of the Tour of Flanders you could see one of the team cars (Rabobank I think) stop, two fellas who looked like spectators rather than team officials jumped out for a slash.
    First thought to pass my mind was that they must have tanked up before the race started. I wonder if this is where the dutch police got the idea to breathalyise the Cervelo drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Gilbert didn't seem to be getting on with that security guy at the end, I don't know what he was doing. Didn't want to let another lotto rider in to congratulate him. Twice Gilbert had Cadel-style slaps at him.

Advertisement