Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Query) Argos Returns

Options
  • 17-04-2010 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭

About two months ago I bought an external hard drive from argos for €99, within a month it stopped working, brought it back, no problems and got a new one. Recently the same thing happened to the new one, what's the story with getting my money back instead of being offerred a replacement/repair, it's been over 28 days but under 3 months and I stil have the receipt.

Also I bought a new universal laptop charger from Argos about a month ago aswell, and plugged it in today, stopped working, so as before can I get a refund, so I can buy from a reputable electronics store, as all electronics from Argos that I've bought has been a sham.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Ask for a refund - I don't see why they'd refuse. You've already entertained a replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭1071823928

I think everything from argos has a 1 year garantee, so if its faulty and you still have your receipt you should definatly get a refund no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Can't see why you wouldn't get a refund? That way the next one they sell might go to a customer who doesn't bother about bringing stuff back and there are plenty of them.

On the laptop PSU beware as there are loads of really crappy "universal replacement" psu's around that last at most a couple of months (particularly if left plugged in to the mains) here the only advantage of buying from Argos is that they will exchange it for another one that will also go wrong. Point is you could buy one online cheaper but not have the advantage of a shop to take it back to so best stick with bricks and motar shop unless you know how to spot a good genuine PSU online and there aren't many;)

Advertisement