Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social studies course ?

Options
  • 17-04-2010 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is a part time course in social studies to get qualified to get a job in social work ?
    If I need to do a full time course can I get in without already working in social work ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

2qk4u wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a part time course in social studies to get qualified to get a job in social work ?
    If I need to do a full time course can I get in without already working in social work ?

I have applied for Social Work this year, have my interview next month. They prefer applicants to have relevant work experience, volunteer work would be good. Now, to be honest, I do not have a lot of work experience in the area, as I have 3 children, but this year I worked with a care provider for the disabled as my work placement for the social studies course I am doing at the moment.

Its too late this year to apply for Social Work, but my advice to you is maybe to do some volunteer work and if you have the time, consider doing an evening course in Fetac Social Studies or similar. Work towards applying for next year.

Advertisement