Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Playing? - April/May Edition

Options
  • 17-04-2010 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

(Sorry if I'm not allowed to make this thread)

PS2:

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 - I'm currently just saved before the final dungeon for the true ending. Can't wait to replay it.

DS:

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - just finished the second case. :/

PSP:

LocoRoco 2 - picked this up not long ago, since I loved the first one. Awesome game.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Mass Effect 2,Dragon Age origins and BF bad company2 on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Just finished Assasins Creed 1 and 2. AC1 was actually better that I thought after reading lot's of ppl giving out about it. It was a solid 6/7 out of 10. I think sometimes gamers can be a bit harsh and expect everything to be a 5 star AAA game. Just like films, some are not that good but still enjoyable.

AC2 was much better though. A bit easy but very enjoyable overall and I loved the setting. Only shame was that more of it wasn't set in Rome.

I'm currently playing Mafia on the PC for the first time. First game I've ever played on a PC. I bought a wireless keyboard and mouse last week for my laptop just so I could play it ahead of the sequel. Savage game!

Red Faction: Guerilla is on the way from Play for the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pc Arma 2, Sf4, Just Cause 2 and trying to get on APB servers.

Xbox Batman AA for 100%

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

COD4, Pokémon SoulSilver, Beat Hazard, Bad Company 2, Modern Warfare 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

PS3: God Of War 2
    XBox 360: Bad Company 2
    PC: Thrine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Arma 2, Just Cause 2, Stalker COP, DCS - Black Shark, all on pc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just bought a bunch of older PS3 games such as Saints Row 2, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, GTA IV and a couple of others so I'll be playing them.

And PES 2010 in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Eh splitting my time between

PS3: Final Fight Double Impact, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 13, Mini Ninjas, Sonic and Sega All stars racing, Star Ocean Last Hope International and with Resonance of Fate waiting for all of those to be finished.

PC: Battlefield BC2 and League of Legends. Really have to buy Torchlight though, i loved the demo.

Too many great games in the last few months.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

PS3: Final fantasy 13 (have'nt played it in about a month though :-/)

PC: Just Cause 2,which is what Im mostly playing now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

An ever growing pile of games :(

Mostly:

Street Fighter IV - Getting very slowly better, but definitely improving, and liking the game more and more (still think Seth is a cheating scumbag though). Will probably pick up SSFIV when its out.

Final Fantasy 13 - I've finally gotten to Gran Pulse, and it definitely picks up, but that was a damn long 25 hours of running down corridors.

Yakuza 3 - Really love this game. Problem is the mini-games and diversions are too distracting, and I never end up getting things done :pac:

Half-Minute Hero - funny, inventive parody RPG that happens to be compelling to play too.

Mushimesama Futari V1.5 - Bullet. Hell. One. More. Go. Damn you Cave.

Gradius III - downloaded this the other day, got my ass handed to me on a plate, but got better as I was going on, and you kinda deserve the pain it dishes out. Very good schmup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Pffffft...pretty much just Pokemon Heart Gold on the DS, not really into much else right now.

Until Red Dead Redemption comes out :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I forgot Im also playing DOW2 Chaos rising for the pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Europa Barbarorum (RTW mod) on PC, and going through Zelda: Twilight Princess again on Gamecube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Mostly Sleep is death, which I love.

Apart from that-Perfect dark, Borderlands, Enemy Territory. I've also been trying to get back into pathologic for a second play through after recently playing through the void.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Focusing on GTA 4: TBOGT at the moment. Wanna get that finished to clear the way for my back log.

Also playing through Army of Two in online co-op.

Bioshock 2 up next and Splinter Cell Conviction should be arriving any day now.

Playing AvP and L4D2 Multiplayer whenever I can as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Just finished AvP on the PS3, thank god I got it with the Gamestop offer, wasn't impressed.

Half-minute Hero, Everybody's golf and Disgaea 2 on the PSP, Blazblue on the PS3.

Have a big RPG backlog I'm trying to avoid with exams coming up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

ps3 - mw2, fifa10

360 - forza 3

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

PC
    Bad Company 2,Just Cause 2

Xbox:
    Splinter Cell Conviction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

XBOX 360
    Lego Batman - Finished the two campaigns and am just mopping up the missing bits in free play mode.

Star Wars The Force Unleashed - Always tempted by this but was finally drawn in by the story-line of the DLC.

DS
    Pokemon HeartGold - it may be geeky as hell but its an awesome game.

Final Fantasy 13... not so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

PS3 - Battlefield 2 and Just Cause 2 - great game

iPad - Tap Tap Radiation :cool: and Mirrors edge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

PS2: Grand Theft Auto - Liberty City Stories.

Xbox 360: Splinter Cell Conviction, FIFA 10, F.E.A.R

PC: Football Manager 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm currently playing Mafia on the PC for the first time.

Yaaaaaaaaaa good for you man!!! best post of the thread!!

I'm playing Grid (picked it up for a tenner) really just duying time till read dead and ufc 2010 come out in may!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 JacobCampbell

I plays generaly at home on PC. My favorites are HMM5, Starcraft, Disciples, WOW, Lineage. But sometimes i play at work (don't talk anyone), on my Nintendo DS. Of course on NDS i play Pockemon Diamond (best game in the series)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Zelda Twilight Princess. As good a game as it is its very hard to get used to the muddy graphics after putting 20 odd hours into Just Cause 2. Still enjoying it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Playing Left 4 Dead 1 most nights (Waiting for The Passing to come out for both games)

Finally cleared Dirt 2 -damn addictive game

And most recently I've been pricking about with Mugen (The open-source 2D fighting game where you can add all sorts of characters and stages)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

PC - Torchlight (In the process), Commandos pack bought last week though :E
    PS3 - Rachet and Clank
    360 - Nothing atm (Just finished Arkham)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Nothing, not a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

PC - Defense Grid - bloody brilliant little game, but I've almost given up on the final level)

Wii - Ghost Squad - finally got around to playing my import copy thanks to the awesomeness of the homebrew channel... Tis great fun!:)
    Resident Evil 4
    Super Mario Kart (VC) - I'd forgotten how much this can hurt your eyes... Tis a wonder I can still see!

DS - Pokemon SoulSilver - well, as soon as I reclaim my DS from my GF...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Xbox: Borderlands (can't beat Knoxx, need some good x4 weapons), Just Cause 2, Prison Break.

Wii: Okami, NSMB, Warioland Shake Dimension

PS3: Heavy Rain (haven't gone back to it for a few weeks). Looking forward to God of War collection, out on PAL next week.

DS: Nothing apart from Dark Void Zero (DSiWare) ... its been a very quiet few months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Mr E wrote: »
    Xbox: Borderlands (can't beat Knoxx, need some good x4 weapons)

He really did my head in...
    Seems pretty much immune to elemental weapons (Mind you, I didn't try explosive which I'm guessing would be the best for him...)
    Chipped away at his health for ages, then one of those medics came along and fully healed him. So had to start chipping away again for what seems like a lifetime

You just need a lot of patience, but totally worth it for what comes after!

Advertisement