Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Playing? - April/May Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

PS3 Battle field, GOW3,MW2

Wii Super Mario Galaxy

PC Company of heros

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

tman wrote: »
    He really did my head in...
    Seems pretty much immune to elemental weapons (Mind you, I didn't try explosive which I'm guessing would be the best for him...)

Yeah I was doing well against him with an elemental SMG,
    then some devastators popped up and kicked my ass (while the medics undid all my hard work)
    . Might try and level up once more and try and farm some decent weapons from drifters.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

wish i had more time for gaming, loads of stuff id love to spend a few days solid playing!!

360 :

- Finally started playing Dragon Age, but playing it in such small bursts im not getting into it...

- Started Borderlands a few months ago, thought it was awesome, played it up to lvl 10 or so, was getting hard, so finally got my XBL gold back to play co-op, but never got around to acually playing it, anyone wanting to start this from scratch give me a shout as id love to play this!

- Final Fantasy 13 is so boring and feels like hard work rather than fun, have left it for a while now but will def give it more time to get into the good parts everyone keeps raving about!

- Ultimate Alliance 2, bought this 2nd hand as I love Marvel, wasnt blown away with it, but then as per everything else I started it and never got a chance to go back n give it more than a few hours.

On a tiny side note is the new pokemon worth getting? or is it just more of the exact same?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

_Godot_ wrote: »
    DS:

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - just finished the second case. :/

Sorry if this isn't allowed but is that like Phoenix Wright or is it actually Wright under a different name? Just wondering, might get it if its any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Sorry if this isn't allowed but is that like Phoenix Wright or is it actually Wright under a different name? Just wondering, might get it if its any use.

I hear it has more of an old school graphic adventure type feel to it, that the cases have less prominence, but I've not played so I might just unintentionally be talking ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

PS3.
    Assasins Creed 2
    Final Fantasy 13
    Tekken 6

PSP
    Silent Hill

DS
    Mario Brothers (It will never get old)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

xbox: collecting dust

ps3: MMMmmmm.... yeah.... same....

PC: MW2, BC2 and ofc SETTLERS 7

ill put all thumbs up for S7, just finished campaign, loved every second of it, its actually first game i finished in ages!!! and i got like 30 games to finish whith which i just CBA!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

LanceStorm wrote: »
    On a tiny side note is the new pokemon worth getting? or is it just more of the exact same?

Exact same I'm afraid, but thats not necessarily a bad thing depending on where your coming from. I played Red and then Gold way back when they were first released but I then skipped everything else and just got into Heartgold this year for the craic.

I'm enjoying it a lot. The updated graphics are great and its still a fun game discovering the strengths/ weaknesses of new 'mon.

And I agree with your point about FFXIII, I can't bring myself to play it, it's just too boring.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm playing the same thing I've been playing for almost a year

360:
    Rock Band 2
    Street Fighter IV

Things I will be playing in 4 DAYS TIME

360:
    Rock Band 2
    SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV!

\o/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Just Cause 2
    CS: S
    Cod: MW 1
    Team Fortress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Just Cause 2
    CS: S
    Cod: MW 1
    Team Fortress

I assume your playing TF2 and not TFC which is a much better game!

XBOX360: Fifa 10 and Splinter Cell Conviction and soon to be Fifa 2010 World Cup.
    PC: Team Fortress Classic (Yes its 11 years old but I still love it!)

Not really playing anything else really. And I don't see it changing for a while either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Aye TF2, it can be enjoyable at times, although while i can hold my own i wouldnt say im great at it. Unlike the other games in my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

PC -

Napoleon - Total War
    Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2
    GTA IV - Episodes From Liberty City
    Assassin's Creed 2

Wii -

Monster Hunter Tri
    Fragile Dreams - Farewell Ruins Of The Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Behind the times, but I just finished Mass Effect 2 - brilliant game. I got close to the end of the first and just gave up because it was so dull but this one is amazing.
    I blew up the Collector's base, pissed off the Elusive Man, shagged Miranda but let Thane die :(

Finally going to attack Dead Space, about 8 months after buying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

lots and lots of Starcraft 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Eve and mount and blade mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

360:
    - Just Cause 2
    - Fifa 09
    - GTA IV

Got bored of Fallout 3. Great game but I just got browned off with my mate going on about it spoiling lots of it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Still playing PES 2010.

Might play some Darksiders.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Back playing Age of Conan,this game has totally transformed into a great mmo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Since Christmas, my game life has been pretty much devoted to Splinter Cell. Started playing the first one on Boxing Day and have been pretty regular since then. I'll finish Double Agent tonight and start on Conviction. The evolution of Sam Fisher is top notch although for my money in the jump from Chaos Theory to DA he loses a bit of what made the first few games so great. First time around, I spent literally hours in the darkness of CIA headquarters in the first game just watching the guards patrol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Been playing fifa world cup game the last few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just finished Dead To Rights: Retribution, it's ok but glad it rented, it took 6 hours to finish so short enough not to get too boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Battlefield Bad Company 2
    Fallout 3: GOTY Edition (Finally playing the expansions)
    Persona 3 (still, although I am not sure when I am going to go back to that again)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Cant wait to get home after EXAMS for:

1.Murasama Wii
    2.Lost Odyssey
    3.Bayonetta
    and maybe FF13 and RE5

hoho :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I'm at the very last bit of Batman Arkham Asylum on the PS3. I'm hoping to finish that off and clean up some Riddler challenges tomorrow or the day after and then start into either Bayonetta or Bio Shock 2, both of which are in my stock pile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Darksiders - Can't think of any game in recent history that has had me quite this hooked... Played it for almost 8 hours solid today:o

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Just got my 1000th kill! Woo!

Splinter Cell Conviction: Around two hours into it and I'm really not that impressed. They seem to have taken out everything that made the first few games so great.

Left 4 Dead 2: Got some great custom campaigns up and running with some mates. I highly recommend City 17 and Dead City 2, they are a lot of fun.

Metro 2033: Loving this, however my game keeps crashing in the level where you meet the little kid. Gotta see if there's a solution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yakuza 3 - My god I'm loving this game.

Advertisement