Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 NBA Playoffs

Options
  • 17-04-2010 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭

NBAplayoffs.png

Bring them on:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Cleveland is so ridiculously talented. The only weakness I can think of is their pick and roll defense. They have everything else covered

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

celtics letting me down big time :( when Tony Allen is our best player it shows just how bad we're doing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

No real surprises so far, celtics v heats could be interesting after the G
    arnett incident, got to love the playoffs ! Garnett was out of order though from what I remember in my drunken state

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lkasprzak

1:1 in Jazz-Nuggets series :D:D:D:D:D
    WOOOOOT :P

lkasprzak wrote: »
    1:1 in Jazz-Nuggets series :D:D:D:D:D
    WOOOOOT :P

Count yourself lucky though. I don't think I've seen a more overly officiated game in my eight years of watching basketball. That call at the very end when the Refs said that Melo fouled Miles even though it was quite clear he stepped out of bounds was utter garbage. And I'm not a Nuggets fan.

Although having said that if the Jazz win the series then Jerry Sloan deserves most of the credit. I don't think there are many coaches in the league who could have won without his starting center, starting small forward and play with a lineup that includes multiple second round picks and "never heard of him before" guys. Just an awesome coaching job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

Boston won again, so sweet. Dunno how they beat the heat by near 30 points without Garnett. Great that Davis got 23 points too, I think Sheed is just complete crap now. Seems to not give a crap, lazy and out of shape. Dunno why he is allowed shoot 3 pointers. Gonna see the game in full tonight anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Hey, never really post on here coz I have enough forums to be posting on!! Haha. Anyway went to my first NBA Game yesterday - Lakers vs Oklahoma in the Staples Centre. Was great. Best part was some guy from Compton made the half court shot and won 235k.

All the papers were talking beforehand about how Kobe was being over-confident in spite of his broken finger and that it would likely cost them but he responded in style with 39 points and shot well. Kevin Durant was amazing as well.

Also, cheerleaders are even hotter in real life! Although some of the girls in the crowd aren't bad either. :D

I'll have pictures and videos later. Unfortunately I didn't record a video of the half court shot but I took some pictures of the guy celebrating.

Delighted the Bulls got the win tonight, Cavs looked like a team that know they will win the series, just a matter of when, Bulls did make hard work of it towards the end when the Cavs started making those threes. Rose was very good once he got going, Hinrich is shooting the ball really well and Noah is just so active. LeBron had some fantastic plays both on the defensive and offensive end.

Oklahoma really look like a team that could be around for a long time, so impressed by such a young team that don't play like a young team. Durant, Westbrook, Green, Harden to mention a few are all quality players that will only get better.

The Lakers didn't even show up tonight. It's starting to remind me a little of the Houston series in that sense. Whats interesting to note is that the the Thunder are now running their offense through Westbrook instead of Durant. They've realized that they can do whatever they want to Fisher. Game 5 should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭cobijones

Are the next games on ESPN, cant see any games in the listings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

cobijones wrote: »

They had been showing a good few games but it's a bit weird alright, I just checked and don't see any upcoming games? I had series link on Sky set up and had Lakers/Thunder last night but nothing on the list for after that. Have NBA Fastbreak and NBA action alright, I'll keep on eye out.

I'd be surprised if Lebron & Co. don't respond tonight with an emphatic win in Chi town!

jimmay wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if Lebron & Co. don't respond tonight with an emphatic win in Chi town!

Hehe :D

Cavs 121 Bulls 98

and you know who...

Lebron James tripple double: 37 points 12 boards 11 assists

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Cavs 121 Bulls 98

and you know who...

How about Oklahoma spanking the Lakers right now?? Crowd are awesome!

Cavs 121 Bulls 98

and you know who...

Was always on the cards to be fair, that man is unstoppable when he gets going.

Wondering now what reaction the Lakers will have after getting their asses kicked by the Thunder. They just have so much quality that they are almost too big to fail, said it before but I think they lack chemistry, kind of opposite team characteristics of the Thunder.

I'm at the point where I feel sorry for the Mavericks. I can't even hate on them anymore, I just feel sorry for them. They have one of the best owners in basketball and nothing they do to try and compete is working. In the past season they have gotten Shawn Marrion, Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood all for practically nothing, and yet they can't beat a Spurs team in the first round that's clearly past it's prime. It's just sad

Sea Devils wrote: »
    I'm at the point where I feel sorry for the Mavericks. I can't even hate on them anymore, I just feel sorry for them. They have one of the best owners in basketball and nothing they do to try and compete is working. In the past season they have gotten Shawn Marrion, Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood all for practically nothing, and yet they can't beat a Spurs team in the first round that's clearly past it's prime. It's just sad

The Spurs might be past it's prime but it is still a deadly outfit, I honestly thought it would be a toss up between these two teams, thought Dallas would sneak it due to home court. Spurs will always be dangerous with Ginobili playing the way he is, also Parker and Duncan obviously, Hill and Blair are coming into their own now as well.

Dallas seem to rely on Dirk too much, if he isn't shooting around 30 + points then they seem to struggle. Just looking at Dallas roster there and it is quite old. They don't utilize Marion enough in my opinion. If they some how pull through this then they would be hard to beat due to the matchup problems they would cause, cant see it happening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

watching Dirk lately, he looks sluggish when moving. Something about the Mavs just doesnt look right. Butler seems the most active type of player, Marion im not convinced he should have the ball more, his shot mechanics are just god awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Eddie-B

this has been the best first round in YEARS! sept for the bobcats but they just matched up horribly to the magic so was always going to be a wash out!

What i dont get is the mavs. I mean in a game where tim duncan and tony parker go for 14 points between them and ginobli shoots 4-16 they should be destroying them! the mavs are 4 deep while the spurs are only 2 deep! its mind boggling!

Heat should be gone tonight unless wade picks the entire miami team up and carries them again!

cobijones wrote: »

I just sent a query to ESPN so I'll let you know what I hear.

I did just notice on Paddypower they have live betting and according to them the Cavs/Bulls and Lakers/Thunder games are on ESPN tonight.

Not on ESPN's site however could just be a listing blunder so fingers crossed.

Nice...Cavs game 1am Thunder (note Thunder and not Lakers :D) game to follow at 3:30am on ESPN.

Saweeet can't really see how Lebron can top last games performance so I'll go for an "average" night for him 25-30 points in a tighter win for the Cavs than Game 4.

OKC/LAL hmmm not gonna call this one but I'd love Durant to blow Kobe out of the water and if the OKC get through this round Durant will be going to the next level of superstardom!

• Advertisement

after durant making kobe look a bit old in the last few moments of 2 games i think the thunder will push the lakers at home, lebron to go triple double again and grow an even bigger head!

Looking forward to Lakers v Thunder, will be very interesting to see how the Lakers approach this game especially Kobe, there was definitely something up with him the last night and heard after that he was acting out to prove a point and piss Jackson off. I am not one bit surpried with that ego he has, read an article here that I pretty much agree with

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/13308059/kobe-throws-away-game-4-and-jackson-lets-him-do-it

Still think Thunder have it all to do because of how stacked the Lakers are, would be great to see Durant go off on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sillyturd

Lakers are a serious price to win it outright. I backed them before last nights game at 4/1 and i might even have more on them again. They will be steady enough until the finals and then they will explode. Hoping the Celtics or Magic can get rid of the Cavs though cause i'd be more confident of Lakers beating either of them than Cavs. Had a small bet on the Dallas at 60/1 before they pulled it back to 3-2. Think they might still be Dangerous.

man i hope for u that the mavs win it so pints are on u! when i heard the okur was out i bet against the jazz and of course deron williams plays insane just to spite me! hope jennings keeps it up tonight would love for him to sort out that shooting percentage!

sillyturd wrote: »
    Lakers are a serious price to win it outright. I backed them before last nights game at 4/1 and i might even have more on them again. They will be steady enough until the finals and then they will explode. Hoping the Celtics or Magic can get rid of the Cavs though cause i'd be more confident of Lakers beating either of them than Cavs.

Hehe I was thinking the same for the Cavs, hoping the Lakers will get picked off before making the finals giving it to Lebrilliant & co :P

Gotta admit though a Lebron/Kobe final is long overdue and would be epic.
    The media circus and coverage and attention it would get would be immense and seriously exciting!

I had to laugh at Cuban when he pointed his finger at the refs after his team lost. How original. Every time a team loses, it's the ref's fault. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Any game on ESPN this evening?

EDIT: Scratch that, Spurs-Mav on @ 1.0am http://www.livesportontv.com/basketball

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Any game on ESPN this evening?

EDIT: Scratch that, Spurs-Mav on @ 1.0am http://www.livesportontv.com/basketball

That game was last night...the Spurs won the series 4-2
    That is 1am Fri as in late Thurs night! ;)

There is a good game on tonight at half 2 with the Lakers/Thunder game although I think I'll just catch the highlights on that one.

Tomorrow (Sat night) should be nice, can't wait...Cavs - Celts, 1am live ESPN sweet! And also during ads/half time the Mayweather - Mosley fight is on Sky Sports 1 free coverage starting at 2am (prob 4am start)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,278 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Epic game between the Thunder and the Lakers but I'm so gutted for the Thunder.
    They were behind most of the game and a few times the Lakers threatened to get away but the Thunder kept grinding it out, even with Durant having an off night from the floor, I don't know his final figures but he was 3/19 early in the 4th quarter. The got the lead late in the 4th and got up by 4 with under a minute left but Kobe sinks a contested 3 pointer to make it 1 and then the Lakers get a stop wtih 12 secs remaining, they go up the floor and Kobe shoots from outside with what looks like the last shot, he misses but Gasol grabs a contested rebound and gets the basket with .5 left on the clock. Durant then hits the rim with the last shot.

Feel so gutted for the Thunder and their fans but an awesome game. Westbrook was just fantastic tonight. Kobe was back to his brilliant best, the Lakers got huge performances from everybody bar Bynum and that just shows how well the Thunder played. Possibly the best playoff game that finished in regular time that I've ever had the pleasure to watch, not including Celtics' games of course.

• Advertisement

Yeah Thunder deserved a game 7, last night was harsh...that horrible neanderthal creep Gasol just pipping it was rough but hopefully the Thunder will respond and continue growing next season. Great to see a team out of nothing make such an impact. Feckin Sky plus cut off the last 5 minutes of this game for me (even though I had the extra maximum 10 min added to end of recording :mad:) Hafta remember to record following show next time!

Will be interesting to see how Lebron responds tonight considering all the speculation about his elbow. I think he'll come out with a strong possible heroic performance :p

Interesting article here

How much of a concern is James' injured right elbow? You can look at it two ways. One: It's a huge concern, because he's the best player in the series and his outside shooting is extra important against the Celtics, who will make it tough for him to get to the basket. Two: It was bothering him against the Bulls, and he still shot 57 percent, while averaging 31.8 points, 9.2 rebounds and 8.2 assists. So how bad can it be?

Advertisement