Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 NBA Playoffs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Bah Humbug, damn Lakers, can't really take it away from them though, love him or hate him Gasol is out of this world, he gives the Lakes so much extra when on the floor.

As for LeBron, I am sure he will be fine :rolleyes: unless he plays poorly then it will obviously be his elbow.
    Celtics can definitely trouble them but LeBron and Jamison will be difficult to match up against.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Just saw highlights from Lakers-Thunder now. Sweet Jesus lads, last damn second & u don't box out?? This is the Playoffs FFS!

Rebounding + Defence = Rings

Cavs were there for the taking yesterday, they were very lethargic for most of the game, LeBron got his points but Williams made the difference at the right times.
    If Pierce and Allen didn't miss so many open shots then it would of been very close at the end.

Just watched Lakers v Jazz, decent game, Utah played very well and put it up to the Lakers. Pau Gasol has another brilliant game, stole the show for me, if Lakers go on to win the Championship this year, he will be the reason behind it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,278 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Cavs were there for the taking yesterday, they were very lethargic for most of the game, LeBron got his points but Williams made the difference at the right times.
    If Pierce and Allen didn't miss so many open shots then it would of been very close at the end.

Just watched Lakers v Jazz, decent game, Utah played very well and put it up to the Lakers. Pau Gasol has another brilliant game, stole the show for me, if Lakers go on to win the Championship this year, he will be the reason behind it for me.
    I agree that Gasol is a great player but its not because of him, its just a ridic lineup. Like Boston have four really great players in KG, Pierce, Rondo and Ray Allen but it doesn't compare the Lakers with Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Artest, Bynum and Fisher. Thats a top 6 players but then you have the depth that makes it so scary with Brown, Walton, Farmar and the currently injured Sasha Vujacic who would all be starters on most teams.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I agree that Gasol is a great player but its not because of him, its just a ridic lineup. Like Boston have four really great players in KG, Pierce, Rondo and Ray Allen but it doesn't compare the Lakers with Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Artest, Bynum and Fisher. Thats a top 6 players but then you have the depth that makes it so scary with Brown, Walton, Farmar and the currently injured Sasha Vujacic who would all be starters on most teams.

Well I was exaggerating a small bit, they obviously have a great lineup but I honestly feel that bar Kobe, Gasol is the backbone of the team, such a well rounded consistent and intelligent player. I would have to slightly disagree with the depth, I like Brown a lot and Farmer, they are decent players, hate the other players but taking my personal views aside, I still think they are just decent and not great players.

If Lakers win it all, Gasol for MVP of the finals :D

• Advertisement

Yeah Celtics, thats what I'm talkin' about. Woohoo, we have taken one in Cleveland, great defense and great shooting.

Of course LeBron's arm was a big topic tonight, he was just extremely well guarded by Ray Allen. Fantastic Boston performance.

Yeah Celtics, thats what I'm talkin' about. Woohoo, we have taken one in Cleveland, great defense and great shooting.

Of course LeBron's arm was a big topic tonight, he was just extremely well guarded by Ray Allen. Fantastic Boston performance.

Wasn't able to watch the entire game but it was just great team play by the Celtics and good coaching. Allen did a great job defending Allen but they rotated it well and everyone did an extremely solid job.

Should be a great series, LeBron will always be such a huge threat (even with his hurt elbow :rolleyes:) Celtics looked focused, hope they continue the intensity into their home games.

Spurs v Suns will be another good series, will be interesting tactically, J Rich gives the Suns that little something extra for me, how the Warriors traded him just baffles me !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

That was a very interesting night of basketball. I don't think I've ever seen this version of the Cavs not play hard before. They were totally flat. LeBron was really passive too, which was weird. Even though the C's have dominated about 6 of the 8 quarters so far, I still think the Cavs win without much of a problem. Hope I'm wrong.

As for the Spurs/Suns, that's setting up to be a great series. The difference between this Suns team and past ones is that they can actually defend halfway decently in the half court. And there's a pretty significant athleticism advantage in Phoenix's favor. Game 2 is huge.

I knew Atlanta would struggle but lack of effort by slome players has been shocking, sad to see.

Utah were unlucky tonight, game could of went either way, Utah just didn't get that final roll, very good game, they will feel disappointed but you can't really take too much away from the Lakers, they came up with the answers when challenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Gonna be very interesting to see what's gonna happen in the Cavs/Celts match-up. Setting up very nicely now down to a best of 3 series. All the other series are 3-0. Can see this going the distance, possibly down to the last minute just like 2 years ago in the Eastern Conf Semis/Finals

• Advertisement

Is it just me or has these playoffs have little intrigue so far?. I mean sure there have been a few decent games here and there but there's been three sweeps in the second round and only one 7 game series overall. From an entertainment standpoint I thought the Spurs and Suns would be a lot better.

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Is it just me or has these playoffs have little intrigue so far?. I mean sure there have been a few decent games here and there but there's been three sweeps in the second round and only one 7 game series overall. From an entertainment standpoint I thought the Spurs and Suns would be a lot better.
    I felt last year that the Spurs had gotten old and that trend has continued. I think they are done unless they come up with another star big man like they did all those years ago when they signed Duncan which put sparked Derek Anderson back into top gear.

I do agree that the semi's have been very poor with the exception of the Celtics/Cavs matchup. I really think a lot of teams have taken a step backwards.

The Suns are improving and will be a force now for a couple of years if they can hang on to their younger players.
    The Celtics are looking old with Pierce banged up and on the slide by the looks of things, Ray Allen is on a downward curve too, KG has too many injury problems but they still have enough class to put it up to anybody and are unstoppable when all these guys hit form on the same night.
    There are 3 major forces in the NBA right now and they are the Lakers, Cavs and Magic.

Boomshakalaka!!!
    Its clear that when Paul Pierce steps up the team is much, much better. I really loved watching that tonight, the second quarter 15 to zip run I think it was just set the whole thing up. Super D and no mention of LeBron's arm.

This team can go out in a whimper in two games or could go all the way and win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

I HEART BOSTON

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Yeah, it's great to see Boston getting numbers from all their players. At the start of the playoffs I really doubted that they could give CLE (or ORL) a tough series, very glad that Allen/KG/Pierce are still able to do it in style, helped massively by Rondo.

Game 6 is a career defining game for LeBron. I'm extremely curious to see how he reacts, because I don't think he's ever faced adversity that's anywhere close to this. He's been praised and gushed over since he was a sophomore in HS. How will he react to the criticism? Does he have the mental toughness and stones to pull his team together?

...SHOCKING...
    :eek::eek::eek:

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Game 6 is a career defining game for LeBron. I'm extremely curious to see how he reacts, because I don't think he's ever faced adversity that's anywhere close to this. He's been praised and gushed over since he was a sophomore in HS. How will he react to the criticism? Does he have the mental toughness and stones to pull his team together?

Totally agree

Don't think he'd want his last game in Cleveland like that.

Lebron to go off for 50 next game ha I dunno Boston looked unstoppable!

edit. just watching NBA fastbreak: The basketball world is stunned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

You have got to be kidding me :eek:

What teams would Brown, Walton, Farmar or Vujacic start on? I'm guessing none. Brown is a decent rotation player, nothing more. Farmar sucks and is one of their most frustrating players - go onto a Lakers message board and see how they feel about him. Vujacic? The guy is hated by all. He wouldn't start on one team in the league, although none of the other guys would either.

BTW, Fisher isn't a top player. He is a solid, saavy veteran who get's by on a reliable jumper and experience. He is not a top PG in the league and never has been. At his peak he was a very good roleplayer. Now, he is getting eaten alive by every PG he comes up against. He is a liability on defense and if it weren't for the guys that surround him he wouldn't even be starting. He's lucky he's got such a good team around him to cover up his weaknesses.

On another note, what's up with LeBron? Possibly moved on to Chicago or NY mentally already? Just.... well, strange. Rondo is a beast. He's the Celtics most important player at this point. His performance in game 4 was ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

moneyman wrote: »
    On another note, what's up with LeBron? Possibly moved on to Chicago or NY mentally already? Just.... well, strange. Rondo is a beast. He's the Celtics most important player at this point. His performance in game 4 was ridiculous.
    Agree about Rondo, most important player for BOS so far these playoffs.
    As for LeBron, he might just be feeling the pressure or is pissed off with being the only Cavs guy who seems to give a sh1t. He could be angry that no other Cavalier has stepped up to regularly drop 25+ points and give him some help.

Honestly I'm not sure how this Cavs roster can improve over the next couple of years to win rings. They are way over the salaries limit and this current bunch of players doesn't look good enough to consistently beat LA and ORL for the next 3/4 years.

• Advertisement

LeBron is going to New York imo.

I agree that Rondo has been fantastic for the Celtics and without him we would be nowhere.

Still the keys to the series are Pierce and Ray Allen. Rondo and KG will do their thing and Perkins too but they need PP and RA to step up to beat the Cavs, in the 3 games that the Celtics have won those two guys have played well.

The Celtics big problem this season and in this series has been when KG and Rondo are resting. The bench isn't doing it but its because they have not been helped by those two. In the bad loss in Boston Ray Allen was 2/9 and Pierce was 4/15 from the floor, in the first loss Pierce was 5/17 and Allen was a little better with 6/14 but still not good enough and he also had a couple of costly bad passes.

Really looking forward to this game tonight but in a nervous way ha, I can't call it but tbh I would be devastated if LBJ didn't redeem himself and get the Cavs a game 7 in Cleveland. I would HATE this to be LBJ's last game of the season...whatever about last for Cleveland!

Celts would probably win in 7 due to immense pressure on Cavs & co.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Can't wait for this game. Lebron, i believe, simply crumbled under the pressure in the last game.
    This game will be a moment of truth for him and could have a significant impact on the rest of his career.
    I'm torn; am a Celtics fan but don't enjoy the thought of watching a guy implode.
    Who knows? If he bounces right back and faces the pressure, the last game might turn out to be the making of him.

ascanbe wrote: »
    Can't wait for this game. Lebron, i believe, simply crumbled under the pressure in the last game.
    This game will be a moment of truth for him and could have a significant impact on the rest of his career.
    I'm torn; am a Celtics fan but don't enjoy the thought of watching a guy implode.
    Who knows? If he bounces right back and faces the pressure, the last game might turn out to be the making of him.
    Anybody can have a bad game, even a bad run. It happened to MJ.

And MJ was 28 when he first won a title so I don't think its going to have any impact on the rest of his career. The players around him are what counts. For example Mo Williams makes too many bad decisions and while he does end up with good scores he is not a good player to have in a tight game.

Anybody can have a bad game, even a bad run. It happened to MJ.

And MJ was 28 when he first won a title so I don't think its going to have any impact on the rest of his career. The players around him are what counts. For example Mo Williams makes too many bad decisions and while he does end up with good scores he is not a good player to have in a tight game.

The more frequent comparison with MJ has been however that MJ won his first title in his 7th season (Lebrons 7th season too).

Mo Williams getting to the money though

Absolute nail-biter tonight and it's only half time!!

Gotta say I'm really enjoying the Perkins/Shaq war.

Look what happens when Pierce heats up, been a tight game so far and suddenly we are up by 9.

Gutted :(

I'm over the moon after that. Again Pierce turned it on in the second half and we just went away from them. Gotta feel sorry for LeBron in fairness but his time will come and when they get the right combination around him he will win many NBA titles.

Rondo is just ridiculously brilliant, I was very surprised that the Cavs didn't start to foul him early though. He is pretty poor on the line and when they got it down to 7 points I would have thought it was the perfect time to start fouling him.

• Advertisement

Boston were definitely deserved winners, very impressed with Rondo this season, has really improved his all round game, especially his decision making which was one of the things that let him down in my opinion. Only made one very poor decision tonight.
    Garnett was immense all game, so hard to defend when he hits that jumper.

LeBron is definitely out the door by the looks of it, goodbye Ohio, hello NY !
    Was disappointing to see the Cavs just give up in the end, pretty pathetic to be honest.

Advertisement