Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 NBA Playoffs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Just watched the Lebron press conference. As expected he was super disappointed but I was looking for clues as to where he might go. Impossible to know; hard to see him leaving with such a bitter end but on the other hand hard to see him staying! Well I guess now he has more time to make his decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

It didn't take very long

I rated him at the start of the playoffs, but he completely botched his rotations in this past series. I was wrong about him. He under-used both Varejao & Hickson, while overusing Shaq & Jamison.

But I think that this firing is an attempt to let LeBron handpick his coach.

Speaking of which I think this is the only team in NBA history that had home court throughout the playoffs in consecutive years, and didn't come away with the title. Hell, they didn't even MAKE the Finals. Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,278 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Sea Devils wrote: »
    It didn't take very long

I rated him at the start of the playoffs, but he completely botched his rotations in this past series. I was wrong about him. He under-used both Varejao & Hickson, while overusing Shaq & Jamison.

But I think that this firing is an attempt to let LeBron handpick his coach.

Speaking of which I think this is the only team in NBA history that had home court throughout the playoffs in consecutive years, and didn't come away with the title. Hell, they didn't even MAKE the Finals. Unreal.
    And now he is not fired:confused:

eagle eye wrote: »
    And now he is not fired:confused:

Well the report on SI/ESPN now says that he's been evaluated by Gilbert and that there hasn't been any decisions made yet. It's probably only a matter of time before he does get fired though.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

Conference Semi's picks?

Lakers will take Phoenix in 6. Lakers have two of the best defensive players in the L, Artest/Kobe will slow if not shut down JRich, I don't think Amaré will be able to handle Pau or Bynum if he recovers from injury. Kobe will step up big in the series and Pau will dominate as he has thus far.

In the east, Magic will take Boston. They may have Garnett back but the Magic have Jameer also who IMO is the Playoffs MVP so far. Orlando have swept through the Bobcats and crushed Atlanta's spirit. Boston aren't deep enough either, this will be quite a problem considering Orlando have such a strong bench at each position.Rondo/Jameer will be great to watch, going to pretty damn competitive as they are both playing out of this world right now and Rondo has pretty much been the backbone for Boston thus far. Matt Barnes will hopefully be able to prevent Jesus from finding his rythm, Carter and Pierce will be a good matchup as they both play very similar - strong from behind the arc and can both create there own shots, I just hope Van Gundy doesn't put Carter on Jesus cuz it will just tire him out chasing Ray all over the court. Rashard/Garnett will be interesting aswell because Rashard likes to play behind the arc/mid range it will pull KG out of the lane freeing it up for Superman. Finally Dwight will handle Perk no problems, Perk will just foul him alot because he won't be able to deal with Dwights athleticism.

As for benches - Pietrius,Gortat,Whiteboy,JJ,Ryan Anderson,Bass & AJ compared to Tony Allen,Scal,Rasheed etc.

Magic in 6/7 for sure and then onto the Finals where there gonna take Lakers and Carter will get his ring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

magic for sure????? oh really...interesting.

The Boston Defense in the first half looked very much like the 08 Celtics. A total clinic in defensive rotations, helping and then closing out on the 3 point line.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Spoiler:
    Great win again for the C's. Delighted with the teams performances so far in the playoffs. Loving it.

No need for spoilers in this thread mate. Anybody who wanted to watch a game that was on yesterday would be just stupid to come into this thread first. Celtics thread is a little different.

Anyways great performance yesterday, its all down to Pierce and Ray Allen showing up in these games. As I said earlier in this thread if those two keep performing then the Celtics can beat anybody but if they have a couple of poor games then its very likely the Celtics will lose out.

Rondo and KG are just so incredible right now. In the short term things are really good, but looking long term I'm quite worried, we will have Rondo but KG turns 34 on Wednesday, Ray Allen will be 36 by the start of next season and Paul Pierce will be 33 then. I think this is Ray Allen's last year but who are they gonna get to replace him?

That was too easy for the Lakers. Everyone pretty much contributed and even Derek Fisher played well. Odom was everywhere, and Gasol did a great job of setting up teammates and scoring himself.

The Suns played very poorly on the defensive end though. The only person I actually thought they did a decent job on was Kobe...he just hit shots. Amare got burned consistently. He has to bring it on the other end of the court if the Suns are gonna have any hope.

• Advertisement

id expect Ray Allen to be resigned esp if we go further. he can still ball 20ppg. Hopefully a lower contract so give Cs more wiggle room. I dread the day we gotta restructure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Half Man Half Amazing

@Da GOAT

Don't you own a Lakers jersey? How can any True Celtics fan wear any Purple and Gold?

Hopefully I'll be doing my fav Marv Albert impression after 12 more minutes of Bball tonight!

Boomshakalaka!

Wooooooohoooooooooo!
    2-0 Celtics in the Eastern Conference Championship game. Two road wins, they can finish this one off in 4 with two homes wins.

This just seems like one of those cases where styles make fights. Orlando's always had a hard time matching up with the C's. I think it's because the Magic attack is spearheaded by D12 & Nelson, and both Perkins/Wallace & Rondo really know how to bother those two guys. KG also always eats up the undersized PFs like Jamison & Lewis. Not necessarily on offense, but he's quick enough to keep up with those guys, and long enough to bother their shots. They can usually get around other PFs, but they can't with KG. I really think that Gortat is the guy who can exploit Boston, but Stan Van Gundy isn't getting him enough minutes, IMO.

I'm still disappointed in Orlando's effort though. I thought they'd come out with guns blazing today. They did for the first few minutes, but I thought that Boston played harder for most of the game.

Oh and:D

14e00o4jpg.gif

This just seems like one of those cases where styles make fights. Orlando's always had a hard time matching up with the C's. I think it's because the Magic attack is spearheaded by D12 & Nelson, and both Perkins/Wallace & Rondo really know how to bother those two guys. KG also always eats up the undersized PFs like Jamison & Lewis. Not necessarily on offense, but he's quick enough to keep up with those guys, and long enough to bother their shots. They can usually get around other PFs, but they can't with KG. I really think that Gortat is the guy who can exploit Boston, but Stan Van Gundy isn't getting him enough minutes, IMO.

I'm still disappointed in Orlando's effort though. I thought they'd come out with guns blazing today. They did for the first few minutes, but I thought that Boston played harder for most of the game.
    I think Paul Pierce made a really smart 6th foul tonight. I've always liked Vince Carter but he does have problems at the end of tight games. He missed both free throws and I honestly was not surprised.

I agree that the Celtics just looked like they wanted it more, when Orlando grabbed the lead in the 4th, and at that stage I thought the Celtics looked really tired but they just dug in and made some big plays, Garnett and Rondo with two huge 2 pointers.

I'll tell you that the difference imo is that Big Baby is a big game player. The guy just seems to step it up in the playoffs, he was huge tonight with Perkins in foul trouble for most of the game.

Oh and:D

14e00o4jpg.gif
    I love this, awesome.:D
    I'd thank that post of yours three times if I could, one for the good post and two for that gif.:D

@Da GOAT

Don't you own a Lakers jersey? How can any True Celtics fan wear any Purple and Gold?

@ Da GOAT

Sorry man I had to remove my thanks from your post after hearing this!

wtf, just read this. I just bought a Pierces jersey so Ill rock that next time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Got a bit worried last night in the 4th i thought they were going to throw it away like the other Boston teams over the weekend. Great to win the two road games (first time in Celtics history to win the first 2 away games in any series which is impressive) so lets keep the momentum going for the next two games and not do a Bruins on it.

I'm a little worried that they couldnt keep up the momentum in the 4th qtrs of both games against a younger side, could this be a factor as we go deeper into the series/playoffs or just a natural momentum change away from home?

Its great to see how well the young guys are doing, especially Rondo and Big Baby they are very well coached and disiplined, Big Baby may not have the natural talent but he is giving it his all and playing out of his skin. Rondo on the other hand...wow the boy is going to be great!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

This cannot be quoted enough!!
    14e00o4jpg.gif

Take that Dwight Howard, that'll learn you not to stick your fingers in Paul Pierce's eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

Whats happened to The Suns "improved D" they let lakers take 65 points in the first half.......bad news for the lakers is that they conceded 53 in the half.....against the celtics in the finals if they concede 53 in a half every half they lose simple as....Celtics D will keep them below 45 a half in my opinion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Where you guys watching the palyoffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

espn.. recording them..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Vinnie K wrote: »
    Where you guys watching the palyoffs?
    http://www.atdhe.net/ live streams, although I tend to be awake at weird hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

eagle eye wrote: »
    I've always liked Vince Carter but he does have problems at the end of tight games. He missed both free throws and I honestly was not surprised.

I'm sorry but thats absolutely ridiculous. It seems you incredibly underrate VC's clutch ability. He is in the top five and up until the start of this season he was second in clutch shots made(better percentage than Kobe who is known for being deadly in the last posession). The guy is money. Sure he doesn't always play with the same intensity, whatever, IMO he is top ten now doubt. He can turn it on when he has too, makes his team mates better and keeps his ego in check.

scooby2791 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but thats absolutely ridiculous. It seems you incredibly underrate VC's clutch ability. He is in the top five and up until the start of this season he was second in clutch shots made(better percentage than Kobe who is known for being deadly in the last posession). The guy is money. Sure he doesn't always play with the same intensity, whatever, IMO he is top ten now doubt. He can turn it on when he has too, makes his team mates better and keeps his ego in check.

I'm not talking about regular seasons stats here. Vince Carter has a reputation for not being clutch when the heat is really on late in the game in the playoffs.

I've always been a Vince Carter fan, I predicted that he would be the biggest star in the game since Jordan when he came out of college. Unfortunately he has consistently failed to deliver at the really big moments in his career.

nialo wrote: »
    espn.. recording them..

Hey just wondering...

I have a VCR and also I have NTL box running into my T.V. with ESPN.

At the moment I have to stay up late to watch the games which is cool at the wkends but it's killing me during work.

When I turn on the video channel I can't get my NTL box channel through it. Any advice on this? Thanks. Or basically, how do you tape the games?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

ah im recording directly to the ntl box. got the hd digital + package.. no idea what would be involved with recording to a vhs. try routing the ntl through your vcr as appose to directly into you tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

two words.......RAJON RONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serious hustle on the court...... Celtics have to be favourites for the championship now....

Advertisement