Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 NBA Playoffs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,278 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Judomad wrote: »
    two words.......RAJON RONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serious hustle on the court...... Celtics have to be favourites for the championship now....
    Shhhhhhhhhhhh! We have been doing quite well as underdogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

eagle eye wrote: »
    Shhhhhhhhhhhh! We have been doing quite well as underdogs.

wer healthy now...we aint underdogs...we are actually alot better than our 2008 championship team...and have a much stronger bench too....sheeeed and big baby are killin it for us lately and now rajon plays 40+ mins per game too, so theres alot more consistency in our play...i think celtics win this year if we all stay healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

I still think we are underdogs in comparison to the Lakers. Seriously tho I'm not even getting ahead of myself I know it's gone 3-0 but anything could happen. Ray's jam was wicked and when Rondo stole the ball from the floor under (Redick?) that was the business.

Just seen the Suns beat the Lakers. Brilliant. 42 pts for Stoudamire, holy shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Delighted for the Suns, I would love them to oust the Lepers

edit. interesting development in the LBJ saga...Mike Brown a goner. Mad to think you can have best record in the league for 2 years and win coach of the year last year and not be guaranteed your job. Shows the regular season means didily squat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Fantastic by the Suns, one of my favorite teams. I love the way they use their bench so much and effectively. Amare is just quality but only when he puts his mind to it. Really hope they can push the Lakers all the way, Celtics v Suns would be a great final. Will be extremely difficult for them though.

Its about time Mike Brown got the sack, guy is not up to it imo. If they bring in a top coach and LeBron stays they will win titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

hope Celtics get Suns final lol

And now Shelden Williams is feeling better than ever. I have him on twitter and he was saying how he felt better everyday. He might get more game time tonight and if he hits form, well we couldn't be in better shape as that means everybody is flying high.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Slimseamie

damn you dwight howard! celtics fought them all the way tonight but magic deserved to win, just hope that this isn't the start of a comeback

• Advertisement

dammmmmmn flight of the phoenix or what! nice hope the suns can pinch the next in LA, great for the team would love to see them play Boston

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I stayed up late last night to watch the Suns game. They did a really good job not letting Kobe or Pau get good looks at the basket in the 4th quarter, plus the fact that the bench played an absolute stormer. Most of the Lakers shots in the 4th were taken by Odom/Fisher/Artest, you could see the frustration in Kobe when as soon as he touched the ball he was swarmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Worrying situation for the Celtics here.

A little bit worrying, Orlando are playing the way they should of played from the start of the series. Even if they win tonight, those first couple of games they gave away, were freebies for Boston and would still fancy them to finish it out.
    You never know though.....

HOLD HOLD HOLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Good to see Orlando found their gonads and aren't going out without a fight. If they win on Friday in Boston what a game 7 that would be. Van Gundy, after I think game 5, "eventually SOMEBODY is going to come back from 3 zip and win"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Dwight Howard is a thug, how many "accidental" elbows to the face can he get away with?

Balls. Very nervous now that Boston will F this up. I def thought Orlando would win last night and now they have some good momentum. I think the C's will think it's do or die tomorrow night. I think (Hope) the Celtics will win Friday. Obviously not very confident tho.

I mean if the Magic play like they did in the last 2 games it could be anybodys. Especially if Perkins gets banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

ClutchIt wrote: »
    Balls. Very nervous now that Boston will F this up. I def thought Orlando would win last night and now they have some good momentum. I think the C's will think it's do or die tomorrow night. I think (Hope) the Celtics will win Friday. Obviously not very confident tho.

I mean if the Magic play like they did in the last 2 games it could be anybodys. Especially if Perkins gets banned.

If he gets banned it's a farce.

Well I stayed outta the thread last night because regardless of how I felt there was going to be huge emotion involved in anything I'd post.

Today I'm of the opinion that we would have been beaten anyways because we couldn't stop Nelson. We have to stop that pick and roll or we are gonna get beaten.

Still though the officiating was just horrendously one sided last night. I'm still stunned by the second technical on Perkins but it didn't stop there with the Magic getting so many huge calls go in their favour. I mean Nelson went talking back and he didn't get t'd up for it. The amout of hard hits on Rondo, what happened to Big Baby, the hit on Marquis Daniels and he inexplicably got called for a foul.

As for Howard, he got away with an awful lot last night. He cannot be swingly his elbows around wildly, even if he it doesn't look like he means it, well it just happens too much so he is being very careless with them at the very least.

Personally if it was my call those referees would never be in charge of another game.

• Advertisement

Hot off the press
    Celtics center Kendrick Perkins’ technical foul with 36.1 seconds remaining in the first half of Game 5 has been rescinded.

Got that from the Celtics on Twitter.

Watching Davis after he got hit by the elbow was one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time, you really have to watch it in slow motion to get the full effect.

Watching Davis after he got hit by the elbow was one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time, you really have to watch it in slow motion to get the full effect.
    I don't see anything funny about it.

COME ON CELTICS, I will call my first born Rondo ;)

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't see anything funny about it.

Yawn, I am not one for being all PC, he got a concussion, it happens to loads of people in their sporting career, watching him stumble down the court was priceless and not knowing what the hell was going on.

seemed funny that boston were just getting battered Big Baby & Daniels both leaving with concussions, superthug H in the middle like a spinning top hehe Perkins fouled out, ah was waiting for the wheelchair...

jimmay wrote: »
    seemed funny that boston were just getting battered Big Baby & Daniels both leaving with concussions, superthug H in the middle like a spinning top hehe Perkins fouled out, ah was waiting for the wheelchair...
    I am certain you didn't watch the game after that comment.

Perkins did not foul out, he was double t'd and anybody who watched the game would have known all about the joke of a technical that was called on him.

I even posted that it has been overturned.

Jesus, that's great that we'll have Perk back. Both his Technicals were soft but the second was crazy. He actually started walking away immediately, terrible call. I was reading on NBA.com that the official almost said sorry to Doc Rivers after he realised that it was perkins second technical and he'd have to be ejected.

Oh my God that Suns-Lakers game last night was brilliant. Jason Richardson scored a beutiful 3 to tie it with only about 3 secs left. Then the goddamned Lakers. Off Bryants miss Artest puts it back in at the buzzer to win.

• Advertisement

What a game last night, was in a bar in Oakland waiting for a gig and it was packed with a couple of hundred people, when Rich hit that shot the place erupted big time, was absolutely savage, next play not so much....

Advertisement