Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 NBA Playoffs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Hazys wrote: »
    Dwight Howard is a thug, how many "accidental" elbows to the face can he get away with?

I just learned Davies had some teeth knocked out by Horward, hopefully they were just his baby teeth!! i'll get my coat

I cant get over how dirty Howard is and how he hasnt been ejected from any games in the series. He's had an elbow to the face on KG, Big Baby and twice on Pierce, and thats just what i have seen and remember.

The first elbow to the face of Pierce and then the subsquent attempt to stick his fingers in his eyes, if it was rugby he'd be facing a citing and a hefty suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,278 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hopefully it all ends in Beantown tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

These are the kinda moments that make me wonder if SVG yelling at his team in Game 44 of the regular season leads to them tuning him out at this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Sea Devils wrote: »
    These are the kinda moments that make me wonder if SVG yelling at his team in Game 44 of the regular season leads to them tuning him out at this time of year

Interesting point

Oh ya! That has to be my dream outcome for the game. Obviously a Boston win first and foremost, but for Nate Robinson to be the hero was just perfect. I always really liked him and was happy he was a celtic even tho he wasn't getting any game time. But to play like he did when Rondo was down was a great achievement. Paul Pierce was The Truth last night 31pts 13 rebounds.

• Advertisement

I've just started watching the Lakers-Suns and wow is it extremely entertaining and a well-played start. Most of the time, when this many points are scored, it's the result of bad defense. I don't think that's the case here. Really good b-ball from both teams

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Ah well, thats that ! Great effort from the Suns overall though, really thought they could of taken them though.

Some of Kobes shots were exceptional tonight, was the real difference maker. I thought the Suns did very well against Gasol and the big men but they were always coming from behind and chasing the game.

Stoudemire worked very hard on the defensive end but struggled on offense, very frustrating when your PG gets more rebounds than you.
    Thought Dragic could of stayed in the game and still brought Nash in but thats how it goes I suppose.

Should be an interesting final to say the least.

I'm actually delighted the Lakers won that, I think we have a better chance of beating them than the Suns. I think KG and Perks will dominate the inside against the Lakers and when you take away the inside it puts huge pressure on Kobe.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm actually delighted the Lakers won that, I think we have a better chance of beating them than the Suns. I think KG and Perks will dominate the inside against the Lakers and when you take away the inside it puts huge pressure on Kobe.

I hope your right. Hopefully Stoudamire will stay with the Suns and they can have another run at it next year. Roll on the Finals. Celtics all the way.

Celtics flying out tonight to prepare for game 1. I'm getting all excited at this, a thriller like two years ago would be too much to take, hopefully the Celtics get it done in five.

• Advertisement

Here are the 5 things to watch for in this series, IMO…

Boston’s transition game – The Celtics have the most underrated fast break in the league, IMO. When Rondo gets a head of steam in transition, he may be second only to LeBron in terms of creating points. Ray Allen’s especially effective from behind the 3 point line in these circumstances. The Laker’s transition defense will be crucial to winning the series.

Rebounding – This is an area that I think that the Lakers can exploit. When the two teams faced each other in ’08, Garnett was still a dominant rebounder, and led the league in this category in the playoffs. He rarely controls games in this respect anymore, and the Celtics are a below average team on the boards. How well they’ll be able to keep the 3 Laker bigs off of the boards…especially the offensive boards…will be the biggest factor in whether or not they win, IMO.

Bynum – He will play a much more important role in this series than he did in the last. His size and length is something that the Celtics struggled with this year, and he should still be able to provide that advantage despite his injury. It will be very important that he plays like the biggest person on the court when he’s out there.

Kobe on Rondo – Kobe did well against him in ’08 and against a similar PG in Westbrook in the 1st Round, but this version of Rondo is a MUCH better player. He’s gotten very good at making up the space that defenders give him. Kobe’s going to have to be on top of his game on the defensive end in order to slow Rondo down.

Ray Allen – I think he’s the Celtic that will probably exploit the Lakers the most.They just don’t have an answer for him. Derek Fisher will be matched up against him, and Allen can easily shoot over him. He’s Boston’s biggest advantage, and they need to try to exploit that.

Ray Allen – I think he’s the Celtic that will probably exploit the Lakers the most.They just don’t have an answer for him. Derek Fisher will be matched up against him, and Allen can easily shoot over him. He’s Boston’s biggest advantage, and they need to try to exploit that.

I agree a lot with your post but especially about Ray being important. But he needs to play better than he has done this season. I actually think he will tho. Hope so anyway.

If he has a shocker the C's are likely to lose. But if he's consistently scoring they have every chance of taking the championship.

Man, what a great basketball game. The defense is off the charts good. Kobe's being ridiculous and not being nearly aggressive enough, which is causing all of the turnovers. He's just looking to pass. Good minutes from Bynum so far.

The Lakers were the much better team, they wanted it more, hopefully its a slap in the face for the C's

Maybe I'm missing something here but why are the Celtics letting Tom Thibodeau interview with the Bulls in the middle of the NBA Finals?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭corkandproud

Are the finals on any of the Sky channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Maybe I'm missing something here but why are the Celtics letting Tom Thibodeau interview with the Bulls in the middle of the NBA Finals?:confused:
    He's been appointed new coach of the Chicago Bulls, they mentioned it last night during the Boston LA game. Not a bad idea as it might lure a big name free agent since the guy has a really good reputation around the league as a coach.

So nobody talking about the great win for the Celtics last night?

What a first half from Ray Allen, 7/7 from 3 point range was incredible, pity about the missed one after that. Still he how has the record for the most in a finals game.
    Pierce had a huge impact on the game with a sparkling defensive display.

But once again Rondo exploded and took this game down. This kid is just so exciting to watch going places a guy his size should never be.

It was the big 3, then it was the big 4, now its Rondo the Giant and the big 3.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Rondo and Allen were amazing. Its been so long since i watched a game live, gonna plus it from now on. @ people asking what channel its on: espn carry it. game 3 on at 2:30 am irish time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Watching it at the moment on NovaSport 1, Slovak commentary but I'm enjoying the game. Celtics started off 12-5, but Lakers went 21-5 to be leading 26-17 at the end of the first. Have a good amount on Celtics which ain't looking so good now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mini Driver

Ray Allen is ridiculously good from the arc its frightening

really tight series so far too its been entertaining as hell

Super performance from the Celtics, PP and KG just lead this team tonight but it was an all around great team effort.

Kobe has some game in fairness, his third quarter was awesome.

The Celtics have some great bottle and are putting in some massive games!

God help Lakers if Kobe gets injured he is absolutely amazing

p.s. Did you see Chris Rock trying to distract Kobe in Game 2 I think it was and Kobe was staring straight ahead at game totally unfazed ... he is a winning machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Finn Dub

If Rondo had a decent outside shot he would be unbelievable, you see the way Kobe plays off knowing that hes not a great shooter. Celtics bench are putting in some great performances too, I never rated Nate Robinson but hes playing really well when he comes on.
    Games in LA should be very interesting.

BIG game tonight!!! Is it on Live on any station??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

ESPN on NTL I think. Live stream on the internet is possible another option for you.

Lets go Celtics!

Lets get it done tonight!! its our best shot.

The Celtics have remained a team all the way through basically playing at the same level in nearly all games but the Lakers are slowly declining. The first few games were all about Gasol and Fisher and Kobe was just being Kobe...now they are down to just Kobe.

Also if Ray plays well tonight, i think we win...theres going to be some atomsphere in the city if they do!!! Lets do it Boston!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Finn Dub

What a blow out, I think the Celtics went into thinking it would always go to a game 7. Perkins injury looked bad, he'll be missed in game 7, the Lakers have such big men inside.

Advertisement