Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get...red jalapenos

Options
  • 17-04-2010 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

OK so I have a recipe for a spreadable chillie paste I'm gagging to try, the only problem is I need to use a Lb of red jalapenos in it and i can't find them, anyone got any ideas where they might be found in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭waldo

I bought some today in Fallon and Byrne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 leliu5th

Hello,
    I am from Texas and we grow them here! They will turn red if you leave them out for a while! The green peppers will turn faster in the sun also! I hope this helps. Perhaps you could experiment with one first to see how long it takes!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Baron Floyd

Fallon and Byrne it is for me, Texas might be a tad far (and we don't get all that much pepper ripening sun over this way)

Cheers Guys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 leliu5th

You can order them online too! No need for sun , Yes, Texas is a tad far, but the internet is at your finger tips! Chipotles are red jalapenos!

www.thelatinproducts.com

Cheers! ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Chipotles are smoked red jalepenos, not just red ones. Why would he order onlinewhen a shop nearby sells them? F&B ftw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

amatheum wrote: »
    Fallon and Byrne it is for me, Texas might be a tad far (and we don't get all that much pepper ripening sun over this way)
    I grew some Jalapenos in a pot last year and left them on the plant a bit too long and they all turned red no bother at all in the searing Wicklow sun :D I pickled the resulting peppers, and very nice (and hot!) they were too.

Advertisement