Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window Blind Safety

Options
  • 17-04-2010 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I've come acrossa website on window blind safety, www.windowblindsafety.ie
    It's got practical advice on how to make your blinds safe.
    Worth looking at.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I fully appreciate that you have set up that website with only good intentions in mind. However, this forum is for requesting new forums on Boards, not for promoting your own sites. In fact, we generally take a dim view of people doing that, but as yours doesn't appear to have a commercial element to it I'm not going to ban you. I'm going to move this post over to the Parenting forum, as someone there might find it worthwhile, but if the mods there decide to close the thread I'm afraid you'll just have to accept that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

^^^
    Zaph, I think it's worth highlighting because many people are still unaware of the dangers of these blinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Agreed. The website does not go into detail about the tradgedy that happened. As commercial as the website might be it still highlights a problem that parents should be aware of and it is worthy of a read as a preventative measure whether the parent chooses to buy the product or not.

As a parent I constantly supervised my little one at a young age, and more often than not the 'string' in any situation, laying loose or attached, always seemed to find itself around her neck, that is just kids.

The site to me promotes safe practices and highlights safe companies and indeed promotes a company that has safe alteranatives without scaremongering.

Advertisement