Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Hat Calendar

• 17-04-2010 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hard_Hat_Calendar_boards.jpg

For 2011 W.I.T. Engineering Society are teaming up with WIT Students Union to bring you a hard hat calendar! This will compromise of 12 Girls stripping down to bikinis and 12 Lads in nothing but jeans! There will be an online vote to decide which models are chosen! All we need is for you to send a picture of you with your name and contact number to WITEngineering@hotmail.com

With 50% of profits going to charity this is a chance to change lives! Don't delay and enter now!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Copied this over from the WIT Forum as its for a good cause. Perhaps some of the Deise folk may have a few suggestions or even be interested in purchasing a calendar when they are done? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭KeelanM90

Hey,
    So basically what I'm looking for is a few local and national charities to consider for the calendar! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! So far I have Waterford Autism Social & Sport Action so lets see what you guys reckon is a worthy cause

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

12 Girls stripping down to bikinis and 12 Lads in nothing but jeans!

Jebus da lads ain't being very adventurous are they! a bit of effort pls lads...at least meet the girls half way:D

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Jebus da lads ain't being very adventurous are they! a bit of effort pls lads...at least meet the girls half way:D

Haha well its all down to who sponsors the clothing really and at the moment its looking like jeans:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

to be fair, if the guys are going to be topless then the girls should follow suit. :pac:

• Advertisement

gobo99 wrote: »
    to be fair, if the guys are going to be topless then the girls should follow suit. :pac:

Haha liking your style:D Any suggestions for charities?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Why not look at the Cancer Society? I know they are a frequent choice but its a charity thats high up on the important list and one that should be considered. Something I feel strongly about myself anyway

Id nearly do a draw maybe when you have a list - make it fairer.

Sully wrote: »
    Why not look at the Cancer Society? I know they are a frequent choice but its a charity thats high up on the important list and one that should be considered. Something I feel strongly about myself anyway

Id nearly do a draw maybe when you have a list - make it fairer.

I'm assuming you saw how it was planned to be decided which charities were to be chosen in the other thread?

For those who haven't
    KeelanM90 wrote: »
    How we're making decision for charities is we'll take suggestions for both local charities and national charities then 5 suggestions for each will be selected for printing in our booklet!
    Then these booklets will be handed out to sponsors and organisers and votes will be taken in the booklets! We'll also hand out booklets on request! Then the national and local charity will be selected and profits split between each

The reason we chose this method was so that everyone had an input into the chosen charities and because voters are more likely to chose a charity they're passionate about we feel that through building this passion for the charities we can push ourselves to sell a great deal more calendars!

The cancer charities have come up frequently in the discussion of this and are almost a certainty to feature in the booklet

Ooops. Didn't see that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

the more clothes for the lads the lads the better baggy jeans, a jumper possibly an over coat maybe even a ski mask!

As for charitys i dont think you could justify one over the other.
    I like the idea of a local charity, students have gotten a lot of bad press recently enough so it would be nice for them to get a bit of kudos for a change although i realise thats not why your doing it and has no bearing on who deserves it more.

Off the top of my head:
    St Vincent de Paul
    St Patricks Hospital

Heres a link to some local charities
    Link

On personal level I like it to go where I feel it makes as big a difference as possible I prefer that it helps rehome an animal, keep someone off the street at night or keeps a phone line open, I know all charties are worth while but thats just my preference

• Advertisement

jayboi wrote: »
    As for charitys i dont think you could justify one over the other.
    I like the idea of a local charity, students have gotten a lot of bad press recently enough so it would be nice for them to get a bit of kudos for a change although i realise thats not why your doing it and has no bearing on who deserves it more.

Off the top of my head:
    St Vincent de Paul
    St Patricks Hospital

On personal level I like it to go where I feel it makes as big a difference as possible I prefer that it helps rehome an animal, keep someone off the street at night or keeps a phone line open, I know all charities are worth while but thats just my preference

We're not going to justify a charity over the other all we want is to ensure that whatever charities are decided at the there is a passion to raise money from them from all members! We want to give people the chance to chose a charity knowing that whatever decision they make will hugely improve a less fortunate individuals life! We want to give them the opportunity to see that they're actually changing someones life and hopefully through doing this they'll take more interest and could even help out the chosen charity in the long run!

Two excellent selections and both are noted

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭tonyagrey

Great idea, well done. Hope it goes really well. Perhaps you should try and get some previous students from WIT involved. People with a high profile..... Even one or two would really boost sales......

As regards Charity - My suggestion South East Cancer Society.

tonyagrey wrote: »
    Great idea, well done. Hope it goes really well. Perhaps you should try and get some previous students from WIT involved. People with a high profile..... Even one or two would really boost sales......

As regards Charity - My suggestion South East Cancer Society.

We're looking into what celebrities it would be possible to get to do it! We were hoping for Jedward last week but were too late in trying to get in contact. We're really looking to make a big annual event of it possibly with a launch party with The coronas / Hogan (The crowd with the really catchy song over the summer - What jealousy can do) playing to make the night a time for even more raising for selected charities! From the start we really just want to do something for charity without people going and making it a piss-up but still have the maximum number of students involved!

Thanks for the suggestion!

For those following this we've got a great peak of interest today with a few hard hats going out with the calendar logo on them. This has culminated in a number of volunteers putting themselves up for the calendar alone! Things are starting to take off and heres to hoping that we make something big of it:)

Also for anyone interested we're after setting up a facebook group!

Just a small way of showing your support if interested:D

Ok guys i need a bit of help. . . . . I'm currently doing up the booklet for charities to be chosen from and am looking more charities so far I have:
    For Local:
    The Solas Center (Cancer Support Center)
    Wassa (Waterford Autism Social & Sports Action)
    Barnardos
    Happy Hearts Foundation

For national:
    PKS Kids
    Irish Kidney Association
    Special Olympics Ireland

So what I need is roughly 3 more suggestions for a local charity and roughly 5 more suggestions for a national charity! Also I'm wondering is there a local special olympics charity that could benefit the locals alot more than the national?

Thanks a million!
    Keelan

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Maybe Brothers of Charity south east for a local charity and NCBI for a national charity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

I suggest Waterford SPCA for a local charity.

Maybe Brothers of Charity south east for a local charity and NCBI for a national charity
    Gadgie wrote: »
    I suggest Waterford SPCA for a local charity.
    Ok thank you both so much for the suggestions I'll upload each charities page from the booklet at a later stage and I'll just get you to run through it and ensure your charities getting an equal opportunity!

Advertisement