Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mature students GMIT 2010

• 17-04-2010 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have applied as a mature student to study engineering at Gmit 2010 through the CAO.
    A couple of people I know had their apptitude tests in NUI today and I was interested to know has anyone heard from Gmit about their chosen courses and when the interviews for mature students take place as I was told by some students its usually May or June.
    Any info but much appreciated
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Hi, I'm doing the Foundation Cert in there at the moment, which means I automatically get a place in GMIT, but still have to do the interview and no one doing the Cert has been called yet. We were told it would be some time in May.

If you don't get a place, the Foundation Cert is well worth considering. It's another year, but they teach you maths from scratch and it's given me the confidence to apply for Engineering next year - no way I could have kept up without it. The Access officer is really helpful and friendly and it's well worth your while calling in to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Cheers,
    I will go up and see them on Monday as I have a few questions.
    Thanks for the info and best of luck with your course

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭whatanidiot

Got a letter today re an interview the 10th of May

• Registered Users Posts: 17 em09

Hi, ive applied as a mature student and had my interview on tues 11th may, went well and hopefully starting in sept. I'll be moving down and wondering is anybody else looking to find a 3bed gaf near GMIT, dont fancy been stuck in a gaf in the student village with a load of 18 year olds,fresh out of nappies who want to booze 24/7,dont get me wrong i like my nights out but ive done all that 1st year boozin before and the student village is pricey compare to whats on offer around the college, looking to move in with 2 others who are 20/21+ fans of pro evo is a must :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭darraghking22

hey guys, im applying to GMIT this year as mature student.
    What is the interview like? what would i need to bring to it? CV/Certificates??

Any tips for me as mature student if i do get in??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Zombie thread and since you already have your own started then that should be enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement