Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA

Options
  • 17-04-2010 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

I already hold a nation cert (level 6) I got this 12 years ago.
    I now wise to go back to study for a degree but in a totally different discipline.

Will already holding a third level qualification (even if its only a cert) mean that I wont receive the back to education allowance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 buzzybb

i had a diploma which was changed to a BA degree before going back to college for another different degree programme. The BTEA rang me and explained I shouldnt get it but I fought my battle explaining why i changed to a different course. If you can make them understand why your doing a different course from previous then you should be fine. I would advise putting in the application, it was worth it for me. i would have been lost without it as i havent been able to secure a part time job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭captainstacy

Cheers buxxybb.
    Should i put in a letter explaining my situation with my application?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 buzzybb

I didnt, i just applied for it through the form and then they rang me a few weeks later. Dont make a fuss out of it from the start because they might just ignore the cert.if they ring you about it then fight your case then.
    Good luck

Sweating over my BTEA now. I'm signed on since Dec 22 2009. My fear is that i wont have the accumulated number of days needed when i start college in Sept. Given also that Sundays don't count as a day of unemployment and we'll be 40 weeks into the year so that is around 42 or so days that wont be credited as unemployed. I may just miss out by a month :(
    I was signed on back in summer of 2006 and again during Sept 2003 to Sept 2004 but i think the rule maybe that i would have to be signed on within 12 months prior.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jano1

Were you made redundant? If so then the time limits do not apply

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

a bit of subject here sorry:o

When your accepted to a course should i hand in the forms for the BTEA straight away or do i wait to pay off the rest of the fee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

You can fill out and apply for the BTEA as soon as you get the acceptance letter, they will then approve you in principle and start paying you when you've got proof of registration.

Advertisement