Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Melbourne / Uni of Melbourne

Options
  • 17-04-2010 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

I've got offered an exchange to the Unviersity of Melbourne or Queensland (in Brisbane) for my third year of uni. I'm leaning towards Melb... but would you agree it's better based on city buzz, nightlife, beaches, general Aussie life?

Also, are jobs hard to get? I'll be there on July 10th. Cafe/restaurant work would be ideal.

Also, in general, is it an expensive city, compared to Dublin?

Any other tips about what to expect would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Yes it is more expensive than Dublin, quite a good bit for some things.

There are enough cafe's in the city, can't say I've seen many help wanted signs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Yes it is more expensive than Dublin, quite a good bit for some things.

There are enough cafe's in the city, can't say I've seen many help wanted signs though.

Not true at all. You will pay a lot less here for accommodation, and most other costs here are around the same as at home with some things cheaper.

Advertisement