Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearse College - Adult Leaving Cert - Interview(s)

Options
  • 17-04-2010 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Interviews are being held on 6th May and I am assuming I have an interview. Last Monday I rang them about the interview(s) (I hadn't heard from them since I applied in January) and they didn't say for definite whether I had an interview or not. They said the information about interviews will be sent out this week (just gone) and I still haven't received anything/heard from them, hopefully I will soon.

Anyway, I have some questions about the interview(s);

1) How should I dress? Probably a silly question, but I am stuck. I was thinking, skinny jeans, top, cardigan/jacket and pumps? But it depends on the weather...

2) Roughly how long will the interview take? And will I be asked to write any essay/story as part of my interview?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Can anyone help me with some questions to ask them please?

I have been trying to think of a few Q's, but can't think of anything.

Thanks!

Can anyone help with questions?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Unless you dress outrageously, it won't be a factor. What you planned to wear sounds fine.

They will be looking to see what your motivation is for returning to education, are you realistic about how you will do, what your history in education is. This could take only a few minutes, or it could take twenty. They are veru used to dealing with people whose experience of education might not be good, so they will give you time.

I doubt they would spring an essay on you, though I'm sure they have some sort of assessment procedure at some stage in the enrolment process to arrange suitable resources for you or other students, if they are needed.
    I hope you get a place - it's a good college.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I would reckon once you dont dress too outrageous you'll be fine in that regard. As for questions and such...I doubt they'll expect too many, probably the usual ones like:

What are the class sizes like?

How have students coped with the work in previous years?

How many subjects should I realistically look to undertake to get good marks?

I done my leaving cert there in 2005, for trying to get into the class I dont remember having to do any sort of essay, But I would bring a pen with you just incase they give a short written test to assess your intelligence or possible things to manage such as dyslexia. I got in no problem even though I was 23 and had not alot of school based education. Classmates were nice too and we got along well. The college looks to be in better shape these days too.

Good Luck with the interview, hopefully you'll get your place:)

Thank you both so much, hopefully I'll get a place.

One week to go lol, am getting slightly nervous. Hopefully it will go well.

Also, the area around the college, what is it like?

• Advertisement
Advertisement