Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work in Dublin

Options
  • 18-04-2010 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I hope I'm not repeating a recently asked thread, but curious as to what the job situation is like in Dublin City. I know Ireland is very badly affected by the recession, but are things getting any better at all in Dub. I'm in teaching, however I know there's a recruitment freeze on over there in Education. I've also got several years PA/Secaratarial experience, so would be happy to do that. General comments and views would help me to make a decision. Thankyou.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

If you're looking for work, don't come to Dublin. Sad but true. You'd stand a better chance up the road in Belfast (There is no public service recruitment freeze up there)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

I think it depends on your expectations - if you have admin experience there is a fair amount of temp work going - I had a position within 2 weeks of starting to send out CVs to agencies. Because a lot of places have recruitment freezes on, they are hiring temps to get the work done.

Advertisement