Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Historical Weather Data Needed

Options
  • 18-04-2010 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a free source of historical weather data for the west of Ireland. Does anyone know of such a thing? If it's not available I'd settle for some help or suggestions on how to collect data on an ongoing basis. I have some ideas on this already, running some batch jobs on a PC or whatever. I just want to know if it's already been done and there's some way to make things a bit easier for myself.

thanks,

johno

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Mace Head data from NUIG and Belmullet Claremorris(now Knock) and Galway(now Mace head) weather station data from met eireann.

There is some forestry stuff too, I dunno where these records referred to below are kept

http://www.jstor.org/pss/25539836

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭johno2

Thank you for that link, but unfortunately it's not much use to me. To be more specific about my requirements, I need wind speed and precipitation data for the last couple of years.

johno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Data for what intervals?
    Monthly, daily, something different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

johno2 wrote: »
    Thank you for that link, but unfortunately it's not much use to me. To be more specific about my requirements, I need wind speed and precipitation data for the last couple of years.

johno

met.ie has archives going back to '86 (monthly)
    http://www.met.ie/climate/monthly-weather-bulletin.asp

For some reason though they stopped including Claremorris data from the mid 90's onwards but plenty of other western station stats in those bulletins.

Advertisement