Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broken Rotavator

• 18-04-2010 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi,

The rotavator hit a BIG rock, possibly bedrock, and the chain inside the crankcase snapped. I've got it all stripped down and I know exactly what needs to be done, but it's not something I can do myself. I don't have exact measurements for the chain, but can anyone suggest where I could take it on Monday that might be able to repair it for me. It's just one link that's gone. I'm in Co Limerick, just a few miles from the city.

Thanks,

johno

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

If you want to get the exact length of the chain and you know that theres only one link missing then simply count the links.
    If you can strip it down then its fairly easy to put it back together as chains come with a split link that makes it easy to fit. Most farm machinery dealers would have a chain to fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭9935452

johno2 wrote: »
    Hi,

The rotavator hit a BIG rock, possibly bedrock, and the chain inside the crankcase snapped. I've got it all stripped down and I know exactly what needs to be done, but it's not something I can do myself. I don't have exact measurements for the chain, but can anyone suggest where I could take it on Monday that might be able to repair it for me. It's just one link that's gone. I'm in Co Limerick, just a few miles from the city.

Thanks,

johno

If its a howard, gearys in kilmeady stock the chain. If you go into them, they will it whatever length you want. You might get away with a joiner.
    You should also find a number on the side of the chain which identifys it. Handy for enquiries over the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 26 massey6480

johno2 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks,

johno
    Kenneth boohan in croom is your best bet for the chain has plenty second hand rotavators in stock so should have all the parts you need give him a ring 061 397414 and ask for jimmy:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭brian_t

You do know that it's been over two years since johno sought the advice.

Advertisement