Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Game Updates without Xbox Live...

• 18-04-2010 1:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

Got recently suspended from Live because i had a naughty word in my bio lol

Went to play Hitman: Blood Money, and i get this message:

"This Game does not support PAL-50"
    There was an update that fixed that. Sadly, I can't get the update because I'm not signed into Live.

Is there anyway I can get any game updates downloaded onto a USB stick and transfer it over?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

gamercfc wrote: »
    Got recently suspended from Live because i had a naughty word in my bio lol

Went to play Hitman: Blood Money, and i get this message:

"This Game does not support PAL-50"
    There was an update that fixed that. Sadly, I can't get the update because I'm not signed into Live.

Is there anyway I can get any game updates downloaded onto a USB stick and transfer it over?

Thanks

I still play that game and there was no update to fix that.

You have to change the setting on your TV using the standard SCART cable, this will allow you to select PAL 60 in the Xbox display settings. When thats done change back to HDMI and away you go. Thats what I had to do to sort it.

You can still use Live, just make another account to get updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 astronige

have you tried setting up new silver account by using any email address etc??
    not sure if this would work tho as i not tried it etc...
    but i do need update a friends in similar way to make it play old xbox games???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I still play that game and there was no update to fix that.

You have to change the setting on your TV using the standard SCART cable, this will allow you to select PAL 60 in the Xbox display settings. When thats done change back to HDMI and away you go. Thats what I had to do to sort it.

You can still use Live, just make another account to get updates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitman_blood_money#PAL-60_issue_with_Xbox_360_version

"Hitman: Blood Money was unplayable on the Xbox 360 when connected with HDMI in the PAL region, because PAL settings are unavailable in the display settings on the 360 dashboard with this connection. However, the problem has since been found and resolved, involving switching to PAL-60 in composite mode and then switching back to HDMI."

I knew there was something lol But i don't have a composite cable so oh well, i'll try the silver account thingy

Advertisement