Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miller pint glasses incorrect size

Options
  • 18-04-2010 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Just a note to the publicans. If the miller reps gave you the new 'square' taps then don't use the new glasses that came with! They're 20oz american pints. I think it's 591ml but cannot remember.
    I noticed it recently when we got the glasses. Hope nobody has been serving in them! ;)

Mods, feel free to move as seen fit. Couldn't think of any other forum to post in.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

US pints are 470mil. There's a fair ol difference there of about 20% rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

US pints are 470mil.

Well then someone really messed it up. I know that paulaner glasses are larger too but they have to be for the head to stay consistant. No such markings on the miller glasses.

• Subscribers Posts: 689 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

20 oz (about 570ml) is the imperial pint...sounds about right to me, the U.S. deal in 16 oz (about 470ml) which is way less than a pint!

box said 591ml. they have the correct pint stamps on it too

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

20 US fluid ounces = 591.470591 milliliters
    http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&safe=off&ei=NvrKS-uGEt_gsAbL0ZSDAw&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CA4QBSgA&q=20+fl+oz&spell=1&cts=1271593532986
    Mods, feel free to move as seen fit. Couldn't think of any other forum to post in.
    It should be deleted!;)

I don't drink miller but I'll be asking for my usual in these glasses if I see them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

any image of these new glass's?

might try and pick remove one before they are removed.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

Anybody know if there's a rollout of Miller on draught to many pubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Jimmyboss wrote: »
    Anybody know if there's a rollout of Miller on draught to many pubs?

We had it years ago, got rid of it due to lack of sales. We got in again about a year ago after Richmond took it over but we stopped ordering it after two kegs, again due to lack of sales.

rubadub wrote: »

It should be deleted!;)

I don't drink miller but I'll be asking for my usual in these glasses if I see them!
    Why should it be deleted?
    pa990 wrote: »
    any image of these new glass's?

might try and pick remove one before they are removed.. ;)

Will try upload later on. they're rebranding the whole thing. The new taps are horrible rectangular shaped.

Advertisement