Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FS Beginners "Hybrid" bike

• 18-04-2010 3:12am
    Administrators Posts: 54,172 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

As a heads up, this bike is also listed for sale elsewhere (it's not on adverts.ie so don't panic mods :P). I read the rules and didn't see a rule that said items can't be also listed elsewhere as is sometimes the case on advert forums such as this, but if there is a problem then please let me know. ;)

Anyway, it's an Apollo CX.10 (one of Halfords ranges) that I bought last year. I've literally used it twice.

It has the current issues that you should be aware of, I'm no expert but I assume they're nothing major for anyone who knows about bikes:

1. Each tyre tube has 1 puncture repair on it (yes, I got 2 punctures within 1 hour of taking it out of the store - such luck). I haven't used it much since then so I'm not sure how "good" these repairs are (I did them myself).

2. The rear brake needs adjusted. It came loose when I was transporting it, it needs tightened/adjusted/whatever. The problem is that it's not "grippy" (is that a word?) enough, and sometimes one side of the brake will touch the wheel before the other side (Which i assume isn't supposed to happen).

Both tyres are currently flat and I've no pump (sorry :().

It's a decent enough bike, it'd do anyone who just wants to use a bike to commute into work and just out and about stuff but obviously given the price and the fact it's from Halfords it probably won't suit people who are into their cycling in a big way.

It even comes with a bell!:P

I'm selling as I'm looking to buy myself a road bike of decent quality (looking to take it up - haven't done much cycling to date).

I'm based in the Dublin 18 area (in and around Leopardstown Race course) and unfortunately I have no car so the bike will need to be collected (but I assume whoever takes it will want to inspect it anyway).

A few pics attached and if I've missed anything out or you have any questions just let me know! :)

Edit: I forgot the price! Looking 100 euro, I paid around 200 for it I think and it's in virtually the same condition as what I got it (bar points 1 and 2 above). Open to offers though

Cheers

Advertisement