Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best router for upc

• 18-04-2010 5:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

im having problems with my online gaming through both xbox and ps3. i have my broadband with upc and its 10mb suppose to be anyway. im putting the problem down to the router so think ill get a new one. can anyone recommend a good router that works well with upc??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Georgey Burgess

hunggar wrote: »
    im having problems with my online gaming through both xbox and ps3. i have my broadband with upc and its 10mb suppose to be anyway. im putting the problem down to the router so think ill get a new one. can anyone recommend a good router that works well with upc??

I'm having problems with my PS3. Signing in is a disaster now and takes ages. Many resets of both the Ps3 and the router.

My broadband works perfect on the PC I have connected directly into the router (Cisco EPC2425) but the wireless is having awful trouble.

My wife and daughter both have laptops and all they keep doing is yelling at me to reset the router!!!

Maybe I have too many things connected to the router!! still a complete pain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Have either of you tried doing speedtests throughout the day?

Everyone is having a problem with UPC and the speeds at the moment...

Check out:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055885181

and

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055764097&page=113

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭hunggar

hey disco girl, i started doing speed tests and during certain hours the speeds are brutal. is it worth getting onto them or will they bother doing anything to fix it. are there any alternative companies to upc??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

hey disco girl, i started doing speed tests and during certain hours the speeds are brutal. is it worth getting onto them or will they bother doing anything to fix it. are there any alternative companies to upc??

the more people that ring them the fast they will fix it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Agree with dunworth1, the more people that get on the better.....everyone seems to be having problems with the speeds dropping after 6pm.

I'm having other problems with them too, that should be fixed by Friday.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement