Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fashion help

• 18-04-2010 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

HI I NEED HELP

I'm a straight guy who wants to see what it'e like to be a girl for the day, so i need help. i'm 6ft 42 inch chest and 36 inch waste. size 9 shoe would love help and would be a crack. sp any females got tips and ideas or would love a shopping day.
    :D:):o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

Well I can't help with clothes much, but I think I have a few tips for make-up. If you want to wear make-up that is. I'm assuming that you aren't going full stage drag, just convincing?
    If you have stubble then the skin where a beard would usually grow will be a different tone to the rest of your face, most likely. So use a foundation with a pink undertone.
    You might need to contour as well, for a more feminine face shape. Just get a bronzer and angled brush and shade in on your temples, under your cheek bones and under your jaw. There are millions of videos on youtube for how to do this.
    If you are only doing this for a day then shaping your brows might not be an option, but you could use a brow gel to make them appear thinner and more arched. I'm sure you could find videos for this on youtube as well.
    I think the rest of the make-up is the same for boys and girls really.

So clothes,
    Choose a dress with detailing at the boobs and hips to add width here, where blokes are typically narrow. Adding a waist belt will help to add curves as well.
    Shoes with a platform are easier to walk in, as are wedges. It can take ages to learn to walk naturally in really high heels, so I'd recommend sticking to a small wedge.
    I think you could get these most places, sorry I can't be specific but I've never shopped for a six foot man before :) So all I had were tips.
    Good luck anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Interesting request!

Are you going anywhere in particular? Casual/ Formal wear? A lot of this depends on your clothing size. Would you be a men's S, M, L, XL?

You're lucky as recently a lot more places have started stocking size 9 women's shoes.

Topshop, Barratts, Irregular Choice, Evans and plenty of other shops do them so they won't be a problem. Keep the heels low since you're a first timer ;)

A lot of shops also have "tall" sections where you should probably head if you're looking for a dress. A wide belt on the waist will help give you a more feminine shape. Check out a few online sources for creating curves. (Wrap dresses are amazing and may help balance out broad shoulders if you have them)

Are you planning on getting a bra? Cos if you are I think I recall Penneys having bras for people with wider backs - 40 inches up. Only 6 quid too!

Buy your accessories AFTER you buy your clothes so you can accessorize! Same deal with styling hair if you plan to do it!

Keep make up subtle or you'll just look like a drag queen. Fresh and natural for day, a bit more dramatic on the eye for night (dark shadow, tons of mascara)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 phil0

HI lorrraine.
    thank you so much for the advice, i want to look as natual and fem as possible so the make up tips were great. may take abit of time to get right. but i'll keep trying before i go out. thanks again. Oh i've picked my name, it will be Zoe

Hi phaser.
    I'm planning to spend the day as a girl. so i want to have something causal for the day and a going out outfit for the night. Thanks i got a pair of 3 1/2 heels in evans today. and yes i do plan to wear a bra so i'll check out pennys

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Don't forget to go through every secondhand/charity shop you can find. That way you'll be able to pick up lots of different bits & pieces without breaking the bank. There was a shoe shop called 'Cinderellas' that specilised in oversize shoes that a lot of cross dressers used to use. It was on Capel Street but I think it's moves. I'm sure a google will find it again for you. I know you're straight but you should check out one or two of the gay pubs & clubs to get firsthand info and tips from the trannies there. You'll love Panti Bar.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

thanks for advice.I will try them, shoes a great i got them from evans, they go up to a size 10 in ladies there. they have great choice as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

Ahaha, Zoe's my best mates name, great choice & good luck :)

i no i love it. it's great when you cab pick your own name. it was eather zoe, katie or beth.but i liked zoe. i'm going shopping saturday, got the shoes already.zoe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

yup, Zoe's an awesome name. :D

Good luck with it, man!

Zo

PS- I have a quite a broad back and I find Evans quite good for large back bra sizes, although they can be a little off sometimes. Also try M&S, can get really nice ones there for not too much cash! I've never found decent broad back bras in Penneys, but then I don't exactly have a small cupsize, so maybe that's why! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I would look at makeup tutorials on youtube by the way, theres stuff on how to highlight cheekbones etc to make your face look more feminine.

• Advertisement

oh thanks i would never have throught of m&s but will look in there. i was in evans to get my heels didn't really have a good look at the dresses. But will go back.
    it is a great name thanks

Advertisement