Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eamon Dunphy on Newstalk

• 18-04-2010 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone listening?

All very straightfoward so far with the volcano weather and travel chassis being covered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Mabel

Seems fairly typical Newstalk/current affairs fare. It's not bad though IMO.

Haven't heard "Misty Mountain Hop" in a while so am happy with that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Indeed, Dunphy seems to have some decent taste in Rock music.

Eamos best friend Shane Ross has the best seat!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Here come the old pals to discuss the football!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

More of the same old crony commentary.

The banks? or the panel of guests? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

A Good show, not a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

mike65 wrote: »
    The banks? or the panel of guests? ;)

The panel of, eh, commentators.

Cronyism is everywhere. It was all very much in the comfort zone for Eammo. I'm not expecting any thinking/guests outside the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

tried to find podcast but it doesn't seem to be anywhere on the site. Nice going Newstalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Is he working for them, or was it a guest slot?

• Advertisement

Its his new radio home (until he gets bored) 11am-1pm Sundays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hmm, good stuff, I always liked him on the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

Every Sunday 11-1, that is until he ends up all night "tired and emotional" listening to Bob Dylan :D

http://www.newstalk.ie/programmes/all/the-dunphy-show/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Hmmm goin' head to head with Marzie.

Verrrrry interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I havent heard him recently, but I presume he still gives the impression that (sounds like) he is ever so slightly sloshed ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

He prob has his eyes on finucanes slot and pay packet. Is she retiring soon?

He prob has his eyes on finucanes slot and pay packet. Is she retiring soon?

A great pay packet, not a good pay pocket no doubt:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

A 100 grand for a 2 hour radio show sounds pretty great to me.

Marzie wouldn't get out of bed for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Caught the tale end of this on Sunday. Usual Eamon, slight bit of hyperbole, mixed with populism. Nothing groundbreaking, but far from being the worst current affairs show on radio.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭kpbdublin

I found it disappointing. The same old pundits who seem to be on an endless shuttle between studios. Eamon was a bit downbeat, but I understand he had been drafted in at the last minute for football TV coverage on the previous day. So he may have been tired. I'll give it a second chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

kpbdublin wrote: »
    I found it disappointing. The same old pundits who seem to be on an endless shuttle between studios. Eamon was a bit downbeat, but I understand he had been drafted in at the last minute for football TV coverage on the previous day. So he may have been tired. I'll give it a second chance.

Yeah that was it he was tired from working at RTE not from Lilles at all. :)

Dunphy taking to MGQ to task over her pensions!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

Caught a few minutes of the show this morning. Hardly ground-breaking stuff. As someone else has already observed, just another round of the same tired old hacks flogging the same tired old lines. Some of those involved might do well to remember the old saying about familiarity. Perhaps the oxygen of publicity is just too hard to resist.

Generally have to switch over as soon as Eamo starts to fawn over a fellow journalist. Hence I rarely manage more than 15 mins at a sitting.

Michael Colgan, Harry Crosby on the panel today. Hang on weren't they both on the Late Late in the last few weeks?

Tuned for five mins today....5 mins of ads, then Dunphy talking to John Virgo "a most ree -spsected (sic) commentator on the "shocking" news of cheating allegations in snooker.

Now I love that sport says Eamo and Higgins is a good lad...... squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelch.

Sharp jab of the forefinger on the channel change button.... enough of that auld cliched rubbish says the Flutther.

Advertisement