Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manchester United Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I'd go with Gomes,Kaboul,King,Daws,BAE,Modric,Wilson,Hudd,Bale,Defoe,Pav.

Hears the team news -

Harry Redknapp is set to welcome back key players for Saturday's huge match at Manchester United.

Wilson Palacios is back after a two-match suspension while Jermaine Jenas, Aaron Lennon and Ledley King could all return from injury.

As we reported earlier, Harry Redknapp will wait until after training on Friday to make a decision on winger Aaron, who is back in the frame after missing all of 2010 so far with a groin problem.

"Aaron won't start, he's not ready to start again, but he could be available if we need 20 minutes or so," said Harry. "We'll wait and see."

That's also the case with Ledley, who wasn't quite ready to face Chelsea last weekend after coming through his return match against Arsenal with flying colours on April 14.

"Again, we'll wait to see how Ledley is today," said Harry. "He played against Arsenal, did a fantastic job and then Sebastien Bassong came back in for Chelsea an he did great with Michael Dawson.

"We had to chop and change a lot last week but all the lads who came in all performed for us. We look okay and hopefully they'll all be available. We've got a couple of longer-term injuries but we've almost got a full squad."

Niko Kranjcar (ankle) and Vedran Corluka (ankle) join long-term injuries Carlo Cudicini (wrist, pelvis) and Jonathan Woodgate (groin) on the sidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Anyone think we should wait on Lennon/king till Bolton game?

My gut just tells me thus game will not end well and our record at old Trafford isn't exactly inspiring. Maybe we should concentrate on the 9 points we could get after it?

Just a thought. It worked for Mick McCarthy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Sitting in the Stretford End tomorrow... Not looking forward to the match that much at all now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ANDYBOND777

2-1 to spurs hopefully.
    I'm arsenal fan but want spurs to win to increase our chance of league title :P haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

We also need Arsenal to win! Such a strange day tomorrow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

How typical would it be for both of us to loose :( a draw would be a great result to be honest 2-2 a win would be better tho :)

A draw would be epic IMHO, I think as long as we match city's result we will be fine.

Big big day!

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

ziedth wrote: »
    A draw would be epic IMHO, I think as long as we match city's result we will be fine.

Big big day!

COYS

This is the key. As long as we get the same points as City today we'll be fine, even if that's 0 points. I'm hoping Bolton win today, making them safe from relegation, and hopefully our task easier next week. As long as Villa win today they are still very much in there and will want 3 points against City, making that a very interesting match.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

I'm up in Gamesnash Live today - have the game streaming through Xbox Live and nobody but nobody is getting to play that console until the game is over.

I have mixed emotions on this - I am dreading the disapointment of a defeat but there's something inside me that's just laughing away that seems very confident that we're going to beat them. Wanting Arsenal to win isn't helping the confusion either. :confused:

Rooney and Rio out today may be on bench

vds
    raf evans vidic evra
    nani fletch scholes giggs val
    berba

• Advertisement

Tottenham

Gomes
    Assou-Ekotto Dawson King Bale
    Bentley Huddlestone Palacios Modric
    Pavlyuchenko Defoe

Substitutes

* 27 Alnwick,
    * 04 Kaboul,
    * 19 Bassong,
    * 07 Lennon,
    * 08 Jenas,
    * 15 Crouch,
    * 17 Gudjohnsen

Can't really argue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

No Rooney,

I reckon we will get our first win at OT. Dawson to score and Spurs to keep a clean sheet.

COYS!!

Will someone kindly post an update when they can.

At a stupid marraige course thing, I considered calling off the wedding :)

0-0 doing ok - no major incidents so far but MU free on edge of box now ...

ziedth wrote: »
    Will someone kindly post an update when they can.

At a stupid marraige course thing, I considered calling off the wedding :)

Presuming your on mobile ??

BBC Mobile Football update may be of use.

Ya I tracked it down cheers, I couldn't get the SSN app working on my phone and paniced.

Nil all so far we've been good defensively but United are playing better at the moment Half time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

0-0 at half time. we are giving as good as we are getting really. its a poor game, very like city and united last weekend. that tells me that we and city are getting closer to united .

modric standing out today, has shown some lovely touches, we look solid enough at the back except for bales flapped attempt at the clearance and king had to make a fantastic block

i hate to say it but wilson is having a nightmare. he has put us in trouble 3-4 different times already and he looks very shoddy out there.

if i were harry id go back to last weeks team or else wake wilson up in the dressing room

Ya he hasn't looked in the game at all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Wilson seems to have come to life there. Great effort.

****! That was a stupid tackle from Assou-Ekotto.

1-0 to utd.

YES!!!! Go on Ledley!

Just so you're not talking to yourself ;) - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !

2-1 nani:mad:
    Another peno ffs

Its over now anyway. Typical to give utd the match with 2 peno's. 1st one we can have no complains about, but the 2nd was very very soft. Nani was waiting to go down (as he loves a good dive), but Palacios shouldnt have come in from right behind him.

As long as the Gooners beat Man City we're still ok :)

No surprises really,

Com'on Arsenal (first time said on this fourm?)

Disappointed with the result, but we still have 6 points from the top 3 teams in the league. A hell of a lot better then we would have been planing for before the games. The important thing now is to not lose to throw away any more silly points. The City game will be the decider though.

Arsenal better not lose today. If City go ahead of us after today, it will put a huge amount of pressure on us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i think we played very well. at 1-1 we were well in it and with some luck would have gone in front. we created a good few chances against united at old trafford who are chasing the title.

wasnt it great to see lennon cutting in from the right again even though he didnt do much

i really dont want to say it but wilson has to be dropped next week. he had a shocker and gave away ANOTHER penalty. he was truly awful today and the minute he left the midfield we were playing very well

next weeks team has to be bassong instead of king (keep king for city), lennon to start on right and luca and hudd in centre and bale on left

we can play kaboul on right back if corluka aint back

lets keep perspective - 6 points from 9 against top 3. great stuff!!

Advertisement