Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postal delivery times slowed by volcanic ash situation?

Options
  • 18-04-2010 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Due the current situation with volcanic ash and air travel will postal delivery times between Ireland and the UK/Europe be similarly be affected? Everything airmail will now be going by ship I suppose lengthening delivery times? Couldn't see anything on An Posts website about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    Due the current situation with volcanic ash and air travel will postal delivery times between Ireland and the UK/Europe be similarly be affected? Everything airmail will now be going by ship I suppose lengthening delivery times? Couldn't see anything on An Posts website about it.

I read a store (cannot remember where, maybe Irish Indo on Saturday) that the shipped most UK post on the ferry Friday night, so any backlog (for UK post) is cleared for now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Anything going East by airmail is sure to be effected I reckon, I suppose the UK mail is sent via lorry and ferry to the UK? Although I often get letters from the UK with the Airmail sticker attached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

I ordered a car part from the UK being deliverd by Royal Mail international Signed for last night.

They normally take 3-4 days, but I'll let all of you know how long it takes now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

They could have put the info more prominently, but its in a ink on the bottom right side.

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/News+and+Information/Notice+to+Customers.htm

Advertisement